Fresh New Fórum NOS!!!

• 19 December 2016
  • 15 replies

Hello everyone,

I am Hugo Fraga, and I am the project manager of the recently launched Fórum NOS.

NOS is a Portuguese Telco, working on fixed and mobile sollutions,

I am glad I met some of you guys in the great InSpired event, and I believe we will learn a lot together.

We have just launched our new community at NOS. This project took us around 1 year from the scratch until the launch. It has involved several teams and more than 70 people.

Our aim is to empower clients, and bring us closer to them, by being the more relevant, rich, fast and simple online help channel to solve questions and share experiences.

After 12 days, we have some big numbers that we would like to share: (note: We have not yet communicated it) :D

• + 2.300 registrations
  • + 42.000 pageviews
  • + 240 unique topics created
  • + 900 interactions
  • 26 answers marked as "correct"
  • + 550 likes
  • We already have users in the 2nd degree of the gamification ladder

Picture of Go Live day War Room.

We invite everyone to vist our fresh community here.

Thanks InSided for helping bringing this community alive!

Cheers,

Hugo

15 replies

Hi Hugo and team,

Again congratz with the new Forum! And great to see all the activity already, imagine what's going to happen if you will actively start to communicate about it from next year onwards 🆒

It was a pleasure working with you guys on this project and I will of course stay an interested follower!
Badge +2
Nice post Hugo and great that you share some numbers and background! Hope it inspires others also to share their details.

And the numbers you shared are quite impressive for a 'soft launch' without communication. Also a very high ratio of visits -> registrations. What do you think is the secret to the success? And how do most visitors know about and come to the community?
Congratulations, Hugo!

I'd be really intrigued to also know what Haiko has mentioned - what do you think is your secret to success?

As I'll be a moderator of OVO's community forum next year, I'd love to find out more about how your moderators evolved along with your success and what was expected from them in the beginning.

Thanks!

Lucy
Hi Hugo,

Hip, hip, Hooray! Congratulations with your new forum. Looks like an awesome start 🙂 Good luck with creating a great community!

- Angela

Impressive numbers Hugo, thanks for sharing your experience! Do you have a community registration integrated in the self service environment?
Hello all!

I would like to appologise for the missing answers, but I was out of office for some time. I will now answer each one. Hope that can help, and continue learning with you.

Thanks for your comments,

Hugo
Hi Hugo and team,

Again congratz with the new Forum! And great to see all the activity already, imagine what's going to happen if you will actively start to communicate about it from next year onwards 🆒

It was a pleasure working with you guys on this project and I will of course stay an interested follower!

Hello Joel,

Thanks again for your help during the project, It was a pleasure working with you also. I will get back to you on next steps, to continue with this great results!

Cheers,

Hugo
Nice post Hugo and great that you share some numbers and background! Hope it inspires others also to share their details.

And the numbers you shared are quite impressive for a 'soft launch' without communication. Also a very high ratio of visits -> registrations. What do you think is the secret to the success? And how do most visitors know about and come to the community?

Hi Haiko,

I think that one of the secrets for the success was the fact that our customers were really waiting for something like this, once that our competitors already have active foruns. We fullfiled one need, and for that we designed a clear strategy, and made sure that every internal department was on board.

At the launch, we just send a short notification for customers webselfcare that converted in registrations. One thing that also helped us with registers was making a anonym post in the biggest technology forum in Portugal, creating awareness about our launch.
Congratulations, Hugo!

I'd be really intrigued to also know what Haiko has mentioned - what do you think is your secret to success?

As I'll be a moderator of OVO's community forum next year, I'd love to find out more about how your moderators evolved along with your success and what was expected from them in the beginning.

Thanks!

Lucy

Hello Lucy,

Besides the fullfilment of the need, as I mentioned to Haiko, and regarding the moderation team, we had some challenges building the team. We had some delay getting the moderators because we were really looking for the right persons and we just found them really close to the Go live date. What made the success was that we already had the moderation model well prepared, and we put this new team under the same supervision of our facebook team. It helped us a lot since some of the processes ended to be the same, and we created great information flows with other areas to help us on the day by day questions.

Of course the begginig was all about learning, so we created a "war room", with the most important people for the project success, all in the same room, and discussing and testing the flows since the very first post on the community, this one week war room was a key factor for a good launch.

If you want to know more please ask :)

Hugo
Hi Hugo,

Hip, hip, Hooray! Congratulations with your new forum. Looks like an awesome start 🙂 Good luck with creating a great community!

- Angela

Thanks Angela,

We looked to your community some times during our design fases and it helped us a lot! ;)

Hugo
Impressive numbers Hugo, thanks for sharing your experience! Do you have a community registration integrated in the self service environment?

Hi Hugo,

Yes, we are using a Single sign on solution. This was one thing that helped us a lot as well getting some registers since the costumers do not need much effort to complete registration. The ones that followed the webselfcare notification, completed the register with only one step. For the ones not registered in SSO yet, they created an account and now can access also to other services that we provide. This was a key success factor defined from the beggining of the project

Hugo
Badge +2

Hi Haiko,

I think that one of the secrets for the success was the fact that our customers were really waiting for something like this, once that our competitors already have active foruns. We fullfiled one need, and for that we designed a clear strategy, and made sure that every internal department was on board.

At the launch, we just send a short notification for customers webselfcare that converted in registrations. One thing that also helped us with registers was making a anonym post in the biggest technology forum in Portugal, creating awareness about our launch.

Hi Hugo, thanks for coming back with background info! Do you also have some numbers and conversion ratios on the different activation strategies that you can/want to share? Eg

-What did the notification for customers webselfcare looked like, how many customers received/saw it, how many visitors & members did you get by sending it?

-Why did you decide to post anonymously on the technology forum, what was the message and what where the results?

Haiko
Congrats Hugo and the whole NOS team, beautifully designed community and great to hear it's adopted so well by your customers 🙂
Wow what a great start Hugo!

We are LIVE and on day 2, slow start, but very targeted approach for us to try and engage some passionate customers. Going out to wider pool of people early next week, so hope to see our numbers climb from there!!

Keep sharing your successes, it give us encouragement!

Well done to you and the team!!

Darran