Before you submit an ideaSearch (please)
We hope you have checked if someone already submitted an idea like yours. 🙂 We sometimes see duplicates here - better to spend your time searching instead of writing out an idea that already exists. :)
Describe your idea with as much detail as possible
Sometimes a screenshot can say more than a million words. 😉 The richer your description, the more likely we and others will immediately know what you mean (and the higher the chances someone will vote for your idea).
One idea at a time
Please do not submit multiple ideas in one topic. Otherwise, it becomes messy and nobody knows which feature people who voted actually want to be implemented. Submitting ideas is free, so don't hold back to submit multiple ideas.
What is the process we use to evaluate ideas?When you submit a new idea, it will have the New status. Within 2 weeks the product team will have a look at your idea, and possibly ask you some more questions to make sure we understand the idea. After the first review, we will change the status of the idea to reflect our plans with it.
An idea will get one of the following states:
- Open - The idea has been reviewed and is open for discussion and voting. This means that we think the idea is interesting, but we are not ready yet to decide whether we want to do something with it. This means that we want to wait for more feedback/votes, it can also mean that this idea does not fit our product strategy at the moment, but is something we might look at later.
- Under construction - The idea is actively being built on by the product engineering.
- Delivered - The idea has been implemented and is available.
- Delivered (Partially) - Some aspects of the idea has been implemented and are available.
- Closed (Parked) - We reviewed the idea and we know we won’t build it any time soon. This could be because the complexity of the idea, the value it might return, or the fact that the idea is not aligned with our product strategy.
- Closed (Duplicate) - Idea is duplicate we will merge the topics.
- Closed (Never) - We will never work on this idea, as it isn’t part of our core business/product vision.
- Closed - We reviewed the idea and we feel it is not an idea. We will comment and either close or move the topic.
Quarterly Ideation ReviewOn a quarterly basis, we will review all open ideas to re-evaluate their status. This will also be communicated in a dedicated overview of reviewed ideas (expect those to be published each quarter, so in January, April, July, October).
We choose to leave ideas open as long as we still believe this might be something we pick up in the future. Expect us to comment on your idea once more if it is being reviewed by us.
What happens when we pick up something (status: under construction)?This means that we have started working on this idea and you should expect an update in the upcoming weeks. We will share dedicated updates in the topic.
What happens when we park something (status: parked)?When an idea receives this status, it can have several reasons (which we will communicate):
- This is not a good fit with our product vision: we need to focus a certain amount of time on our vision, this makes sure we can make bigger, significant improvements in many fields at the same time.
- Technical limitations: an improvement might have technical dependencies we need to resolve before we can pick it up (e.g. performance).
- Return on investment: We get a lot of very good suggestions here. Unfortunately sometimes, the time which needs to be invested to realize an idea might be too high compared to the actual gain, or it is simply that we could implement other, more meaningful/requested improvements at the same time.
How many ideas are actually being implemented?As of August 2019, we were actually able to realize ideas which received 399 votes out of 2068 total votes. We are proud to see that this is a whopping 19%! We do realize that this is also due to a backlog of extremely popular ideas - but we are committed to continue working on on your valuable ideas.
Having said that: It’s still very hard to predict how many ideas will be implemented when, but it’s important to understand that posting an idea on the board does not come with a guaranteed delivery. The ideation board is a tool we use to manage and communicate with customers about ideas, and better understand your challengess with the product. Next to the ideation platform, our team has many other sources for possible new feature ideas (but inSpired is our favourite!)
We try our best to balance ideas that push us towards our product vision with those that are specifically requested by you on inSpired. It’s a difficult balance to keep, and important to keep this into account when managing your expectations. As a result, we have opted to be conservative in changing your idea statuses..
Your opinionWe are curious to hear your feedback on our ideation module and processes.
- Would you like us to handle things different in regards to ideation?
- Do you have best practices for ideation which you would like us to do as well? there something you do with ideation which we are missing?
- Did we fail to review your idea?
- Did you have a hard time finding an idea? Flag it to us!