Release

Easily prepare content in advance with draft articles ๐Ÿ“

Related products: CC Topic Creation
Easily prepare content in advance with draft articles ๐Ÿ“
To make it easier for you to build up a knowledge base and prepare news/blog articles, we've released the ability to create draft articles in Control (thanks @aluciani for submitting the original idea!).

With draft articles you can:

โœ… Control the publish date of your article (no more recreating articles from a hidden subforum to get the right date! ).

โœ… Make draft articles available to your whole content team to review, edit, and publish.

โœ… See who made the last edit to a draft, and when.

Thanks to our beta testers for giving us helpful feedback @Hiewwaiy, @LauraPortalupi, @Suvi Lehtovaara, @Patomiรคs, @aluciani, and @keaton.

Note: our immediate next step will be for us to add a 'Delete' button so you can permanently remove drafts.

We'd love to hear your feedback!
Glad to be of help 🙂 And a big thank you for the feature!
Great work everyone and love the continuous improvement mindset ๐Ÿ‘
I just published a draft that I prepared 2 weeks ago, but the publication date is July 19, not today, August 2. Is this expected behavior? It was my understanding that the date should reflect the actual publication date, not the date the draft was prepared and saved. Thank you!

The URL is https://community.insided.com/news-platform-updates-16/easily-prepare-content-in-advance-with-draft-articles-1660#post5785. In the control environment, the publication date is shown as August 2.

I just published a draft that I prepared 2 weeks ago, but the publication date is July 19, not today, August 2. Is this expected behavior? It was my understanding that the date should reflect the actual publication date, not the date the draft was prepared and saved. Thank you!

The URL is https://community.insided.com/news-platform-updates-16/easily-prepare-content-in-advance-with-draft-articles-1660#post5785. In the control environment, the publication date is shown as August 2.

Oh dear - that's definitely not expected behaviour Laura! We're taking a look to see what the issue is (I'll follow up with you individually) - it seems like an isolated case.
Great improvement guys!

A few points:

• Can I see a preview of the draft somewhere? (A link to a the preview in the edit screen would be helpful)

• Is there a way to communicate the (live)url before publishing (we use the draft for an article for the newsletter and the newsletter team needs that url)

Hi @Stรฉphan Lam. I've also requested to have a live URL in advance (I think others, have too). We'd like to use those URLs for the same purpose โ€“ scheduling emails in advance.
Thanks for sharing your feedback @Stรฉphan Lam.!

We'll definitely take this into account when we work on a preview feature - as Laura mentioned, we've received this feedback from multiple customers 🙂.
Hi @daniel.boon

Any chance access to drafts can be locked by roles?

Currently Primary Role Super User with moderation rights through custom role can see and edit drafts, if they have access to control.

If we are to prepare announcements in advance, we need to make sure that they're not accidentally visible for non-employees, or users that we have not specifically allowed access.

Cheers,

Ditte
Hi @daniel.boon

Any chance access to drafts can be locked by roles?

Currently Primary Role Super User with moderation rights through custom role can see and edit drafts, if they have access to control.

If we are to prepare announcements in advance, we need to make sure that they're not accidentally visible for non-employees, or users that we have not specifically allowed access.

Cheers,

Ditte

Hey Ditte,

Thanks for the feedback - I'll look into this!
Update: it's now possible to permanently delete a draft 🙂 Just navigate to the draft page, click the ... and then hit Delete.

Love this feature, really helps when pulling together my forum blog! I can save it and keep going back to it as I add to it.

Darran