Community Success stories (inSpired Event interviews)

• 23 February 2018
  • 0 replies
Community Success stories (inSpired Event interviews)
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
  • Gainsight Employee: ACE
  • 882 replies
Hi all!

Just before the week is about to end, I wanted to share something cool with you! So take your time and have a look, I am confident that there is something interesting to be found for every one of you...

I still remember very well that, when I was about to start as a Community Manager (waaay before the inSpired Community even existed), I found myself asking "how do other Community Managers look at their job"? What is important to them and what are their challenges? What do they regard as a real success, and am I successful in what I am doing?

This is also why (in my opinion) get-togethers like our inSpired Event are very important in order to catch up with other like-minded people. They probably have had the same worries or challenges that you are having right now, and might be able to share their idea or story how they overcame some of their biggest obstacles. Furthermore, it is also the best chance to help the new, aspiring Community Manager / Moderator not to make the same mistake that you might have made before. 😉

Unfortunately, not every one of you was able to make it this time, and missed out on this great opportunity. As we do not want you to feel left out, our dearest Rens has recorded a number of interviews, which I now would like to share with you here.

Darran - Social Media Operations Manager @ OVO energy community

@OVOdarran was not just one of our guest speakers at the event, he even had time to share his proudest moment in working with the community! He tells us how he got to learn the benefits of a community himself! 😃

Maybe you can share your very own proudest moment working on your own community? I have so many great memories that it's really hard to make a pick... It probably will involve superusers! :D

Thijs - Moderator @ Vodafone / Ziggo community

The Vodafone & Ziggo communities are already quite active. And it sounds like there are some very cool things about to happen! 😉 Let's hear from @Thijs what he thinks will be relevant for his community this year.

Paloma - Community Administrator @ Tuenti community

@Paloma sums up really nicely why working on a community can be very fulfilling. See how she describes the dynamics of user engagement, and how we all benefit from it. (And in opposite to Thijs, she seems to be a big fan of social media. 🙂 )

Hugo - inSided (Ex-CM of Telfort & KPN)

The one-and-only @Hugo is probably one of the most experienced and knowledgable Expert around Community Management that I know. No wonder that he is with inSided now. 😉 Please take your time and listen to what he has to say! I think he makes a very important point on internal politics.

How do you think about this? Are you facing challenges in getting your customers' feedback recognized internally? Let us know, we surely are able to show you some tips and tricks!

That's all for this week, folks! Have a great weekend! I have some more interviews up my sleeve and will publish them next week. :)

Cheers,

Julian

0 replies

Be the first to reply!