Released Thu 21 Jan 2021: Leaderboard widget UI upgrade

Related products: CC Gamification & Engagement
Released Thu 21 Jan 2021: Leaderboard widget UI upgrade

TL;DR: Leaderboard widget has been upgraded at 14:50 on Thursday 21 January 2021 (CET). This release includes some UI updates and a new ‘current logged-in user’ section. Please check your widget if you have custom css applied to leaderboard widget, e.g. change color or shape for the ranking numbers.

Alongside our launch of a new dedicated leaderboard page, we also gave a facelift for leaderboard widget, to extend its feature and improve its UI consistency with the leaderboard page.

This will be released at:

• CET - Around 15:00 on Thursday 21 January 2021
  • PST - Around 06:00 on Thursday 21 January 2021
New design for leaderboard widget 

🆕 What’s new in leaderboard widget

• A configurable current logged-in user section: once enabled, logged-in users can see their own position on the leaderboard, if they are included. This gives them a clear idea of where they stand and how they can reach the top. 
  • A consistent UI and layout with leaderboard page

💬About current logged-in user section

• Who is NOT able to see the ‘current logged-in user’ section?
    1. A user who is excluded from a leaderboard by ‘exclude user role’ configuration.
    2. A guest user who doesn’t login.

• How to enable or disable ‘current logged-in user section’?
    1. Log in as a community manager or admin.
    2. Go to the frontend of your community, turn on customization mode, and edit the leaderboard widget.
    3. Turn on or off the ‘Show current logged-in user’s ranking and points if they are included in the leaderboard’ and save. 

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback about the new leaderboard widget. :)

Looking forward to this and really like the new design! Great job @xiaoyu-shen :clap:

Looking forward to this and really like the new design! Great job @xiaoyu-shen :clap:

Agreed! Thanks @xiaoyu-shen !

Hey all, this upgrade has just been released. :relaxed:

Looks good - thanks @xiaoyu-shen 

@xiaoyu-shen -

Love the feature! However, when you are on an internal page, the old leaderboard style shows. We asked Support and they confirmed that two styles of leaderboard will show at the moment.

Do you have any CSS or similar that would hide the old version? Is this something that will be addressed at a product level?

Thank you!

CC: @CommunityKaila, @Ilan B, @omika.mali 

Hey @banthonisz, I can help you out.

The old and new version that you showed in the screenshots are actually 2 different widgets. 

Leaderboard widget (based on point system)
Most liked widget (based on amount of likes a user received)

I checked the sidebar customisation page (Control > Customisation > Sidebar), I can see the the legacy name of this side widget is causing confusion (sorry for that). I’ll bring this to the team to rename it. 

Left: ‘Most liked’ widget in customisation mode in homepage.
Right: same widget but named as ‘leaderboard widget in sidebar customisation page. 

Do you have any CSS or similar that would hide the old version? Is this something that will be addressed at a product level?

You can go to the sidebar customisation page (Control > Customisation > Sidebar). On the right side you’ll see ‘General Sidebar’ and you can delete ‘Leaderboard’ widget or move it to the ‘Inactive Widgets’ section. 

Hope it helps, let me know if you have further questions :)