Release

Boost moderator efficiency and collaboration with team notes 🤝

Related products: CC Moderation
Boost moderator efficiency and collaboration with team notes 🤝
For more efficient teamwork and better collaboration when moderating community content, we've released team notes - a way for you to proactively share helpful contextual info on topics with the rest of your moderation team.

Thanks @Keith M for submitting the original idea!). Thanks also to those who contributed to the research topic - we really appreciated the community contributions here 🙂.

With team notes you can:

✅ Jot down a quick note on any topic, visible to your whole team in Control.

✅ See who last updated the note, and when.

We officially launched this live during the inSpired event yesterday ⚡️- we hope you liked the surprise 😉.

And of course, we'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions once you've had a chance to make use of team notes!
Wow! Really love this feature! Good job! 😀
Love this feature, will be super useful for the mod team, especially as mine work shifts, so much easier to keep each other in touch with whats going on!!

Darran
Thanks for this feature!

Do you guys have plans to make this functionality be available only for certain roles via the permissions? We'd love to limit the visibility of the notes section to only some moderators, instead of everyone with Control Panel access.
Thanks for this feature!

Do you guys have plans to make this functionality be available only for certain roles via the permissions? We'd love to limit the visibility of the notes section to only some moderators, instead of everyone with Control Panel access.

Hey Björn - I assume you'd like to enforce this via custom user role permissions? I.e. it's available always for moderators & above, but for other users with Control access they need a special 'Notes' permission?
I assume you'd like to enforce this via custom user role permissions? I.e. it's available always for moderators & above, but for other users with Control access they need a special 'Notes' permission?

Yes! We give access to the Control Panel to some power users and also external agencies to work on different tasks. All these users have access to the notes right now. So we can't use the notes to internally communicate about any customer data like phone number or real name.
Hey @daniel.boon just a thought on this feature, I was just using it and it would be amazing, if you were able to "@" someone in the notes, i.e a Mod for example via the notes feature.

I obviously encourage the mods to make sure they check this, but being able to "@" one of them to ensure they've read it so they don't reply, or give wrong info etc would make this feature even more helpful.

Also being able to colour code the notes, to make them stand out when modding, as in if they absolutely have to read it, mark it red.

Be good to hear if anyone else thinks this would be a useful addition? @bjoern_schulze @Hiewwaiy
Thanks for your feedback Darran!

@Claire gave some similar feedback in our design conversation topic.

I assume you'd like to enforce this via custom user role permissions? I.e. it's available always for moderators & above, but for other users with Control access they need a special 'Notes' permission?Yes! We give access to the Control Panel to some power users and also external agencies to work on different tasks. All these users have access to the notes right now. So we can't use the notes to internally communicate about any customer data like phone number or real name.

Hey @bjoern_schulze & also@Ditte who raised very similar feedback in the drafts release 😁:

Right now permission for drafts & notes are linked to the 'forum moderation' permission in custom user roles.

Would it be an improvement if we switch this so that the permissions for these two features are based on primary role?

(i.e. only moderators, community managers, and admins are able to create/publish drafts, and see/update notes)
We're currently in the process of internally discussing what the purpose of team notes can be for us. One possible way is to limit it to moderators (and above), another way could be to also include our power users into this, so they can leave information.

Regarding drafts: This is a function I don't see limited to certain roles. For me, everyone who can create and publish an article, should be able to save the own article as a draft.
We're currently in the process of internally discussing what the purpose of team notes can be for us. One possible way is to limit it to moderators (and above), another way could be to also include our power users into this, so they can leave information.

Regarding drafts: This is a function I don't see limited to certain roles. For me, everyone who can create and publish an article, should be able to save the own article as a draft.

Let me know when you've decided @bjoern_schulze - I guess this decision will impact the need for limiting the Control users this feature is available to.

For drafts - the change in permissions would cover both creation (saving as draft) and publishing.
We have decided that we don't have a use case for team notes at the moment. If we ever use them, then most likely as a tool for internal moderator collaboration. So your proposition to base the visibility to primary roles (moderators and above) would then be our favourite solution.