Allowing superusers to mark answers

@Riina submitted on our ideation board the idea to empower superusers to be able to mark best answers to questions.

Having the best answer marked improves the user experience for users who are looking for an answer, since the marked answer will show on top of the list of answers.

Motivating users who asked a question to mark answers seems challenging. Most of them did not mark it, which lead to many questions not having a marked answer or the moderator had to step in and mark the answer.

Now “Super-User” is a primary role, we were able to provide them with the right to mark best answers. We are confident this will results in more questions have a marked answer.

This feature will be available for all branded templates from Friday August 10 onwards.

You will not be able to disable this feature. If you don't want your super-users to be able to mark answers, we suggest to not use the 'Superuser' primary role but use custom roles

12 replies

That's great news! 🙂 I know our super users will be happy to be able to help out this way.
I guess this is not yet in production? I can see already the new Super User primary role, but at least for us it doesn't yet give front-end permissions to mark best answers.
@Riina Correct! There was a little hick-up in our deployment process, but it should be online in the next hours.
Badge
Great ....

But being able to unmark an answer is kind of an essential addition to this 😯 What if a superuser makes a mistake and is unable to undo it?

Anyone else missing this?
Great ....

But being able to unmark an answer is kind of an essential addition to this 😯 What if a superuser makes a mistake and is unable to undo it?

Anyone else missing this?

I think it's a valid point and though I don't think it's a major issue can see it happen 😃 Although the feature has been and is the same already for users who've started the topic and are able to mark the best answer.
Badge
That’s true 🙂 We’re going to see how it will work out.
Badge
I’ve been using the Super User role since recently, and noticed that users with this role don’t show up in the ‘Most liked’ Widget - something Insided will fix in a later stadium. Perhaps good to know for others as well …
Userlevel 1
Badge
Is it possible to add the "who marked this answer" in the Mark as Answer export, so we can track it?

Is it possible to add the "who marked this answer" in the Mark as Answer export, so we can track it?

Is this added anywhere?

Would be nice to be able to provide my users with the same stats you have on inSided but on our own dashboards :sweat:  or at least do we have a way on the API to find when the answer was accepted?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey!

Unfortunately, this information is currently not available in the mark as answer export. 😞 We know about this and also would like to improve it, however we have no clear timeline as to when this will be picked up.

So far the info who has provided the solution was more important than the information who actually marked the solution, but we receive more requests in this direction lately, of course it can be interesting to check on this.

I am not sure if we currently offer the information who has marked a solution is being exposed via our api, maybe @daniel.boon could shed some light on this?

Badge

Hey @catiasilvestre - I answered a related question (“Marked Answers" within InSided API”) the other day - let me know if that’s helpful.

@daniel.boon thanks Daniel, this is my colleague Steph and right on spot :hugging: