Advance Notice

Advance notice: brand-new menu in Control

Related products: CC Moderation
Advance notice: brand-new menu in Control

Update Thursday 12 March 17:45:
We’ve successfully completed the rollout of the new Control menu :gift:

Please leave any feedback in the replies, especially ​if you spot something we can improve, or for example if any navigation within Control has become more (or less!) frustrating :)

We plan to launch a new menu in Control next Thursday 12 March 2020 🗓️.

In this topic you can find all the information you need to be prepared for the launch, so you and your team can hit the ground running with the new menu.

Note: this is a visual/UI update; permission settings will remain the same, although some pages will change location.

As we previewed last week in our product research category, we have revamped the login page for Control and we’re working on a brand-new menu.

We’re getting ready to deliver this menu to all of your Control environments.

Our main goals with this update are to:

1. Maximise the space available in Control to help you focus on your work ✅
  2. Make the interface of Control match the inSided brand more closely 🎨
  3. Make Control a more beautiful place to spend time in 🏞️

Highlights of the changes:

• No more header in Control - another way we’re giving you more space to focus on your work.
  • An optionally collapsible secondary menu, to give you more room to focus on your current task.
  • Some restructuring of the menu layout, taking into account our switch to icons in the primary side menu.
  • A new button to quickly take you to the homepage of your community.

For more information, check out this GIF walking through the new Control navigation in detail.
(Updated Wed 11 March: seems our platform doesn’t like my GIF tool, so changed it to a link).

Please let us know if you have any questions!

The GIF embedded in the posting isn’t working anymore.

Thanks for letting me know @Björn! Seems the platform isn't playing nice with my GIF tool, so I replaced it with a link 🙂

Update: we’ve rolled out the new menu to all of your Control environments. We’d love to hear your first impressions :)