Update Thursday 12 March 17:45:
We’ve successfully completed the rollout of the new Control menu
Please leave any feedback in the replies, especially if you spot something we can improve, or for example if any navigation within Control has become more (or less!) frustrating :)
We plan to launch a new menu in Control next Thursday 12 March 2020 .
In this topic you can find all the information you need to be prepared for the launch, so you and your team can hit the ground running with the new menu.
Note: this is a visual/UI update; permission settings will remain the same, although some pages will change location.
We’re getting ready to deliver this menu to all of your Control environments.
Our main goals with this update are to:
- Maximise the space available in Control to help you focus on your work
- Make the interface of Control match the inSided brand more closely
- Make Control a more beautiful place to spend time in
Highlights of the changes:
- No more header in Control - another way we’re giving you more space to focus on your work.
- An optionally collapsible secondary menu, to give you more room to focus on your current task.
- Some restructuring of the menu layout, taking into account our switch to icons in the primary side menu.
- A new button to quickly take you to the homepage of your community.
For more information, check out this GIF walking through the new Control navigation in detail.
(Updated Wed 11 March: seems our platform doesn’t like my GIF tool, so changed it to a link).
Please let us know if you have any questions!