Update

Ability to convert content to an article

Related products: CC Moderation

Another community-inspired improvement is now available! (Thanks @Rodion and others who voted for this idea) :)

We've released the ability to convert conversations to articles. To do this, go to the conversation you'd like to convert in Control, press 'More options' and hit 'Convert to article'.

Technically, this means it’s now possible to convert ANY piece of content into an article. I.e. since it's already possible to convert replies/questions/answers into a conversation, you can first convert to a conversation, and then convert that into an article.

Note: it’s not currently possible to convert an article back to any other content type.

We’d love to hear any feedback you’ve got in the replies!
Yay!👏🏼
Hi Daniel,

nice stuff!

Question: can you (or will you) give articles a distinctive attribute, so that the community admin or community user can "target" them?

For example:

• For impact analysis: for reporting in GA to look at traffic only for articles, i.e. understand article impact vs discussion impact?

• For content management: understand the helpful votings only for articles and thereupon work on improving them

• For content distribution: for embeddable widget to configure to show only articles?

• For user searches: ability to search only within articles (filter)

• etc.

Cheers,

Florian
Wuhoo! GREAT change! 😁😍😘
Hi Daniel,

nice stuff!

Question: can you (or will you) give articles a distinctive attribute, so that the community admin or community user can "target" them?

For example:

• For impact analysis: for reporting in GA to look at traffic only for articles, i.e. understand article impact vs discussion impact?

• For content management: understand the helpful votings only for articles and thereupon work on improving them

• For content distribution: for embeddable widget to configure to show only articles?

• etc.

Cheers,

Florian

Hi Florian,

Articles are their own distinct content type within the inSided platform, so it is possible.

"For content management: understand the helpful votings only for articles and thereupon work on improving them"

This specific example is something we're going to investigate - making it possible to get an overview of the articles published on the platform to help you find outdated/underperforming articles.

The other use cases are also interesting (cc @Yoeri ;)), but I don't think we have any concrete plans for them at the moment.
This is great!

For example:

+1 to these last two use cases – in particular, giving community members the ability to filter and search within articles only!
Any chance the topic that has been converted can retain its original time stamp?

I just converted a topic for the sake of SEO and now it says 'started 4 minutes ago' when the first reply to it was more than 3 months ago.. 🤔
Any chance the topic that has been converted can retain its original time stamp?

I just converted a topic for the sake of SEO and now it says 'started 4 minutes ago' when the first reply to it was more than 3 months ago.. 🤔

We'll take a look at that Ditte - it's unexpected behaviour. The topic does now display 3 months ago on the frontend (although I also checked immediately after you submitted this reply and indeed saw '4 minutes ago'). Thanks for letting us know 🙂