Configure Content Helpfulness voting

• 21 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Want to measure how your content is performing? Look no further, content helpfulness to the rescue! Content Helpfulness allows your users to indicate whether a topic was helpful to them or not. These insights will be sent to the Control environment and your Google Analytics account.

Here you’ll learn how to enable, disable and configure this feature on your platform.

How To Configure Content Helpfulness

1. Go to Control > Forum Settings > Content Helpfulness.
  2. Provide a default message (shown to users that have not voted yet).
  3. Provide a thank you message (shown to users after they voted).
  4. Set the visibility of the Helpfulness indicator (show percentage of users that found this helpful. default: disabled). When enabled, provide a label that tells how many users found this helpful.
  5. Specify the content types for which you want to show the indicator (default: Articles and Answered questions).
  6. Hit Save changes, and you’re done: the helpfulness feature will now appear on the specified topic types.

You can easily disable this feature everywhere by disabling the visibility on all content types (e.g. if you’re making use of a different tool to measure content performance).

5 replies

I'm having problem changing the text in fields 2. and 3. ☹️ It seems that there's automatic translation that translates the default text in quite bad Finnish and I'm trying to have it display these respectively:

"Auttoiko tämä keskustelu sinua löytämään vastauksen kysymykseesi?"

"Kiitos palautteestasi!"

I change the text fields, hit [Save changes] and it quickly flashes red error bar before changing to green "Changes applied successfully". My changes are visible to me until I go to different settings tab and come back. I managed to capture the problem from moderation side, hopefully this helps 🙂

Hi Patomiäs, thanks for reporting this issue - yes it looks like theres an issue with user permissions and the new content helpfulness functionality. I've created the appropriate development task to get it sorted as soon as possible for you.
Thanks for quick response 😊 Just to clarify, is the problem with my accounts permissions specifically or more general issue regarding permissions on platform? ☺️ And is there automated translation somewhere in use? I'm asking the latter since we have also English and Swedish sections on our platform, might be good to have option to use language specific inquiries in future if we start to use the feedback data more actively
Hi Patomiäs, thanks for reporting this issue - yes it looks like theres an issue with user permissions and the new content helpfulness functionality. I've created the appropriate development task to get it sorted as soon as possible for you.

Just FYI, i've made the change for your community for you - but we'll still fix the underlying issue of course.

Can you just check to make sure its ok?
Thank you! It worked now! 😊 I got the red error beam flashed again but changes went live 👍