How to Measure Monthly Active Customers on inSided (via Salesforce)

• 23 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Note: the Salesforce Account sync for MAC is still in beta.

With our Salesforce integration, you can see how many of your customers (on a company level) are actually engaging in one single dashboard. Read all about it in this article and continue reading to learn how to get started.

Prerequisite: in order to carry out this setup, you first need to get some details from Salesforce.

• API name of the picklist field where your organisation stores information about whether an Account is a customer or not.
  • API name of the value (or values) in the above picklist field which identifies whether an Account is a customer. 

How to set up the Monthly Active Customers metric via Salesforce

1. Go to Control > Integrations > Apps > Salesforce
  2. Enter the picklist field API name.
  3. Enter the picklist value API name (or multiple picklist value API names separated by comma, if you have more than one value that represents a customer).
  4. Press save changes - Account data from Salesforce will then be synced to inSided as companies.

If you’re not using the above configuration (default Account object, (picklist field, multi picklist value for representing a customer), please let us know in the replies to this article. We’re still in the early stages of syncing data from Salesforce to inSided and are open to expanding the configuration options!

How to get details needed to sync Accounts to inSided from Salesforce

Note: this guide is based on Salesforce Lightning Experience.

1. Log in to Salesforce
  2. Identify the picklist field and picklist value on the Account object where you store information about whether an Account is a customer or not (if in doubt, check with your Salesforce admin.
  3. Navigate to Setup > Object Manager > Account > Fields and relationships (see images below if you get lost).
  4. Find the picklist field where you store details about whether an Account is a customer or not and click into it (example in screenshot: ‘Type’).
  5. Find the picklist value API name (example in screenshot: ‘Customer’).

Visual guide:

1. Navigate to Setup
2. Navigate to Object Manager
3. Open the Account object
4. Switch to the fields and relationships tab

5. Grab the API name of the relevant Account field for your organisation
(example in this screenshot: ‘Type’). Then, open the ‘Type’ field.

6. Grab the API name of the relevant picklist value
for your organisation (example in this screenshot: ‘Customer’)

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m not seeing any of the fields mentioned in the settings for the SF integration. Has this process changed? I’m looking to activate the engagement dashboard in our sandbox.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@daniel.boon we’re using a formula field for this. For example, in our case if they are a paying customer we display a vaiue of “1.0 Customer”. Is the use of a formula field an option here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’m not seeing any of the fields mentioned in the settings for the SF integration. Has this process changed? I’m looking to activate the engagement dashboard in our sandbox.

Thanks for your question and great that you’re interested in this @adam.ballhaussen → this feature is still in (private) beta at the moment. I’ve enabled it for you on both staging and production

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@daniel.boon we’re using a formula field for this. For example, in our case if they are a paying customer we display a vaiue of “1.0 Customer”. Is the use of a formula field an option here?

Great question @Scott Baldwin - not right now, but as mentioned in the article we’re certainly open to increasing the flexibility of the mapping, so I’ve taken note of your feedback.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Excellent, thank you @daniel.boon! I configured the integration in sandbox. How long does the sync take to initiate? I just activated it and don’t see any Company info in sandbox at the moment. I assume it would take some time to sync but do not see a “sync progress” indicator. I appreciate any info you can provide! I’m excited to use this feature.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Glad to hear it @adam.ballhaussen! Right now the integration imports data every 24 hours on a schedule (so I expect that you’ll now have some data imported) It doesn’t import directly on setup, but that’s something we’d like to add for the public release 🙂.