Note: the Salesforce Account sync for MAC is still in beta.
With our Salesforce integration, you can see how many of your customers (on a company level) are actually engaging in one single dashboard. Read all about it in this article and continue reading to learn how to get started.
Prerequisite: in order to carry out this setup, you first need to get some details from Salesforce.
- API name of the picklist field where your organisation stores information about whether an Account is a customer or not.
- API name of the value (or values) in the above picklist field which identifies whether an Account is a customer.
How to set up the Monthly Active Customers metric via Salesforce
- Go to Control > Integrations > Apps > Salesforce
- Enter the picklist field API name.
- Enter the picklist value API name (or multiple picklist value API names separated by comma, if you have more than one value that represents a customer).
- Press save changes - Account data from Salesforce will then be synced to inSided as companies.
If you’re not using the above configuration (default Account object, (picklist field, multi picklist value for representing a customer), please let us know in the replies to this article. We’re still in the early stages of syncing data from Salesforce to inSided and are open to expanding the configuration options!
How to get details needed to sync Accounts to inSided from Salesforce
Note: this guide is based on Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- Log in to Salesforce
- Identify the picklist field and picklist value on the Account object where you store information about whether an Account is a customer or not (if in doubt, check with your Salesforce admin.
- Navigate to Setup > Object Manager > Account > Fields and relationships (see images below if you get lost).
- Find the picklist field where you store details about whether an Account is a customer or not and click into it (example in screenshot: ‘Type’).
- Find the picklist value API name (example in screenshot: ‘Customer’).