Gainsight

How to Install The Gainsight x inSided Integration

• 7 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

What is our Gainsight integration?

inSided’s integration with Gainsight enables you to gain a holistic customer view to measurably improve your community engagement and see historic activity data and trends.

What can you achieve with the inSided x Gainsight integration?

:white_check_mark: Build automated flows to promote community engagement.

• Generate CTAs to flag sudden customer inactivity or a change in community behavior

• Use Journey Orchestrator to remind customers to sign up to the community.

:white_check_mark:  Add community data to your 360 customer layout & health scoring.

• Identify community behaviour trends across your entire customer base

• Include community activity metrics as a contribution to health scores to track changes in engagement.

• You can also drill down and see what individual questions/ideas a particular customer has interacted with on the community.

What data do we send to Gainsight?

We push both Community Member and Community Member Activity data into Gainsight.

Key community member data that we push into Gainsight

• Username
  • Registration date

Key community member activity events that we push into Gainsight

• New topics

• Question asked

• Conversation started

• Idea submitted

• New replies

• Question replied

• Conversation replied

• Idea replied

• Article replied

• New likes

• Idea voted

• Conversation liked

• Question liked

• Article liked

• Conversation reply liked

• Question reply liked

• Idea reply liked

• Article reply liked

• Community visited

How to set up the integration

There are two options to set up the integration, depending on your tech stack. If you use Salesforce, we recommend using our Salesforce integration as a data source in Gainsight. If you don’t use Salesforce, you can use our direct integration Gainsight using your Gainsight-managed S3 bucket.

Option #1: Salesforce as the data source

Precondition: you have already set up the Salesforce Connector in Gainsight.

1. Setup our inSided Salesforce integration
  2. Deploy the inSided app from the Gainsight solutions marketplace (Gainsight > Administration > General > Sightline Vault). You can find our app in the ‘Community’ category. Make sure to choose the SFDC version.
  3. Follow the post-deployment instructions for our app in the Gainsight solutions marketplace.

Option #2: Direct integration with Gainsight

1. Deploy the inSided app from the Gainsight sightline vault marketplace (Gainsight > Administration > General > Sightline Vault). You can find our app in the ‘Community’ category. Make sure to choose the S3 Connector version.
  2. Get your Gainsight-managed S3 bucket details from Gainsight (Go to Gainsight > Administration > Integrations > Connectors and press ‘View S3 Config’). You’ll need the Bucket Access Path, Access Key, and Security Token.
  3. On inSided, go to Integrations > Gainsight, fill in your details, and save the configuration.
  4. Follow the post-deployment instructions for our app in the Gainsight solutions marketplace.

With option #2, data is exported every 10 minutes.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

When setting up the Scorecard Measures in GS for SFDC, you have the choice to make them “Manual” or “Automated”. Which should I choose and why? I’m guessing Automated!

OOOP I found my own answer on the Gainsight documentation. Manual means that the end user (CSM or AM) can manipulate that measure, whereas Automated is built using their Rules Engine.

PS - our CS Operations Manager said that your documentation in Gainsight is the best she’s seen so far. Kudos!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Ben,

happy to hear you found the answer already - also of course that your colleague is happy with the documentation! :)

Userlevel 1

Why does inSided recommend using the Salesforce integration as a data source in Gainsight over a direct Gainsight integration? We have both systems and I’m just trying to understand why integration through Salesforce is preferred. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

A few questions on the Gainsight integration @daniel.boon 

1. Would anyone be willing to share a screenshot of what the data should/would look like in Gainsight?
  2. For the ‘Community visited’ data push does that include last login date, # of logins, or when they last visited?
  3. Is there another article that dives into the following bullet? Essentially I am trying to figure out if I can automate a private message or reminder to customers who become or are inactive
    1. Use Journey Orchestrator to remind customers to sign up to the community.

Thanks in advance for your help!