How to

How To Configure Idea Statuses

• 27 March 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
  • Gainsight Employee: ACE
  • 882 replies

Idea statuses are used to communicate the status of an idea to your community. The are shown as a label next to the title of an idea. Each idea will get a default status of 'New'. Configure more meaningful statuses (e.g. 'In progress', 'Not now', 'Delivered') to help your community understand what happens to the ideas they submit.

How to configure idea statuses

1. Login to Control as Community Manager
  2. Navigate to Control Settings → PLATFORM Ideation status.
  3. Simply click on Edit for the status which you would like to see changed, and replace the text or change the style
Idea statuses in Control

Note:

• You cannot delete the default status [New]
  • If you wish another status as the default status, you will need to rename/change the default status for that
  • If you delete a label that currently is attached to ideas, this status will be removed from these ideas as well (you will see a warning message in that case)

8 replies

Badge
Always great to have more power pushed the admin - thank you
Badge
Thank you! This is a great addition. It may seem minor but I really appreciate that Admins now have the ability to make these changes as needed without having to go through inSided.

Thanks

Do members get an email if the status is changed on an idea that they proposed or commented on? To let them know if it’s been implemented, etc. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing your question here!

To make a long story short, the answer is: currently not. However, very soon this will be the case:

Your community (and all others besides our community here) makes use of the standard ideation module. We are currently working on an overhaul of this ideation module, which we are previewing here on inSpired.

This overhaul includes that, once you change the status of an idea, the system will notify all users who have subscribed to this idea about the change.

As we are previewing the new ideation here on inSpired, this feature will be available here as of next week (if all works according to plan). We will soon reach out to you to migrate your ideation module to the new one, once this has been done your community will also send these automated notifications.

Until then, I recommend you to manually reply in the idea about the change, this way it also will trigger a notification.

I hope this answers your question? If there is anything else, please let us know!

Thanks @Julian! Could I double-check something? If you reply to an idea, will it notify folks who have voted for the idea, or only people who’ve replied to the idea and the member that posted it? Thanks!

Does this functionality still exist? I tried to follow instructions above but cannot find anyway to edit ideation status types. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Does this functionality still exist? I tried to follow instructions above but cannot find anyway to edit ideation status types. 

Yes @ChristineTT, setting up new Ideas statuses can be done from /settings/ideation/statusoverview if you are on the new Ideation module.

And once you switch between the status flags, it also posts a reply on your behalf on the thread about the status change.

Ah thank you @anirbandutta - I see this now, wondering to know how and where to change that!