Solved

CoPilot Unsubscribes: How is this handled for 1 contact on 2 accounts (or more)?

• 31 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
If there is a contact on more than one account with the same email address, what happens when that contact unsubscribes? Is that contact unsubscribed for all accounts (since it's the same email address) or are they only unsubscribed from the account which the email was sent for?  

Thank you!

Lauren
icon

Best answer by lauren_mintz 1 November 2016, 17:08

View original

3 replies

Badge
Yes, it will be unsubscribed for all accounts  (since it's the same email address) 
Badge +1
This seems different from what was explained in this discussion:  https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/duplicate-contacts-in-copilot-powerlists.

The uniqueness criteria was explained as "email address + Account" and "if the same email address is there in two accounts there will be two email sent..."

Has that uniqueness criteria changed, or is it still the same? If it has changed, I would think the unsubscribe logic would look at the same uniqueness criteria. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Lauren
Badge +1
Hi Pavankumar - 

Have you been able to consider my last question, has that uniqueness criteria changed since the discussion I linked to above took place, or is it still the same? 

Thanks,

Lauren