The possibility for community members to subscribe on products

Related products: CC Ideation CC Notifications & Subscriptions CC Product Updates

We often get the question from our community members if they can subscribe to products (product areas) since we have multiple products. Some customers want to follow specific topics about 1 or more products. In my opinion, this is a very important community b2b functionality.

I just went to create this idea, but you were two days ahead of me :smile:

We have product managers and other folks that are dedicated to portions of the product that dont particulaly fit in their own category - they would love to get notifications on new discussions based on those specific tags.

Updated idea status NewOpen

Thank you @Moller Toma for creating that idea. We are getting requests around this so we will keep an eye, especially on this idea to see how many votes it gathers. :)

Came to the community just for this. We don’t have categories set up by product, but our employees and users would like to subscribe to more specific things - IE tags. Subscribing to a category gets overwhelming with the amount of posts and activity. 

I love the idea to subscribe to Products and to Tags! In my mind it could simply be one or two new email notification types that are “Now post related to _____ product” or “New post related to ______ tag”

This could be really helpful in Ideas as well. I imagine that a customer who heavily utilizes X feature might want to be notified any time a new idea is posted related to that feature.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

This has become a critical issue for us. Our clients are unsubscribing from Product Updates as a result of not being able to opt-in to receiving notifications for only those products which they own.

As a result, the value of the Product Updates module is diminishing, and we are having a difficult time getting our Product Managers to continue to deliver content to the page because customers aren’t getting the updates from the page and the PMs have to deliver the updates via another method, so they feel the Product Updates page is now more effort than the ROI merits. We were told this is on the roadmap with delivery expected before EOY...is there any update on this?

We’re currently exploring options to enable community members to subscribe to specific product updates - we believe that when it comes to ‘subscribing to products’, the most impact would be felt by introducing this option for product updates first.

As we move through the product process we’ll keep you all in the loop via this topic 🙂.

@daniel.boon thanks for the update on this idea! We had a customer share an interesting idea that may fall into the scope of this idea, or may be a separate one. Our customer mentioned wanting to be able to subscribe for notifications only when there is a status change and not when someone comments. Could you see this being something inSided would consider? If so, should I create it as a new idea?

@adam.ballhaussen we have a ‘partially delivered’ idea related to that.

But not specifically about only receiving notifications when there’s a status change. However, users only continue to receive notifications about replies if they view the topic (otherwise they only get notified about the first reply).

@daniel.boon Looking forward to seeing this! We’re currently using groups or forums to create product-specific updates and let users subscribe to whichever match the products they use. We tried using the product updates module, but having them lumped all together doesn’t deliver much value to users.

For product updates in particular, I think that users really just want to know when a post is made about the product(s) they use, and won’t care much about comments being made (unless maybe they comment themselves). This way it becomes a release announcement channel, without “spamming” them with notifications.

My use case is very much for users to subscribe to tags, so that they can select their topics of interest and get notified when something new happens relative to that. It needs to go beyond the Product Updates module to be useful for me/my users.

This will be very valuable for us too. I don’t think we can start using the product updates module until this has been solved. 

Our customers would like to be able to get just email notifications for the products that they have purchased. This enhancement would encourage customers to subscribe to the Product Updates without getting bombarded with too many emails.

Would it be possible to get a status update on this idea? It has 46 upvotes and my account team has been telling me for quite some time that it is “coming very soon.” I appreciate the work that has gone into recent improvements, but scanning the list of the ideas most recently added to the product, none of them has any number of upvotes remotely close to what this item has. This is becoming a make-or-break issue for us and we are going to have to disable the Product Updates feature unless this is, indeed, coming soon as we’ve been told. We have 18 products -- as you can imagine, it is just not tenable for a client to get notifications for 17 products they don’t own. Thanks for any updates you can share regarding this functionality.

Would it be possible to get a status update on this idea? It has 46 upvotes and my account team has been telling me for quite some time that it is “coming very soon.” I appreciate the work that has gone into recent improvements, but scanning the list of the ideas most recently added to the product, none of them has any number of upvotes remotely close to what this item has. This is becoming a make-or-break issue for us and we are going to have to disable the Product Updates feature unless this is, indeed, coming soon as we’ve been told. We have 18 products -- as you can imagine, it is just not tenable for a client to get notifications for 17 products they don’t own. Thanks for any updates you can share regarding this functionality.

Could not agree with you any more, we also want this very badly. A status update would be much appreciated.

Hi @daniel.boon @Marion Frecaut echoing the request above from 28 days ago: would it be possible to have an update on the possible delivery of this please? 

Yes, +1 from our team on this idea. It would be fantastic to notify our users about updates for just products they purchase, rather than all products from our organization. 

Our Community members are once again asking for an update on the progress of this idea. We would really love to see this added to the Ideation module!🙏

Much needed feature for PMs subscribing to stream of Ideas for their Product Area.

Hi we have multiple users asking for this, would you be able to provide an update please? @Julian FYI

Crystallizing ask here:

1. Subscription options for everyone, so enduser UI
  2. Subscription for keywords (Tags), across all content types so that users enjoy content they are interested in on the Community
  3. Subscription for all modules that utilize Product Area filters - Ideas, Product Updates, KB, etc 

Related Idea of then displaying the numbers proudly

Not being able to subscribe to specific products and tags is clearly a bottleneck for community engagement. 

@Sebastian would you be able to shed some light on this crit. feature request?