Question

Rolling NPS: possible to report on most recent [#] respondents?

• 9 August 2016
  • 3 replies

I'm working on building a rolling NPS / CSAT survey to trigger the quarter prior to and following the client's renewal event. I received a request for the ability to compare NPS trend overtime for a rolling cohort.

So rather than comparing Q2's responses to Q1 or February's reponses to January, I would select a sample size (say 50 responses) and always look at the most recent sample. (ie comparing responses 1-50 vs 2-51 vs 3-52 and so on)

Has anyone built this type of report in Gainsight? Since I can't find any examples, I wonder does this go against best practices?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Amy,

You could build a report to aggregate all NPS responses for a specific date period, and while often this is done monthly, you could select your date aggregation as "quarterly" which would probably get you pretty close to what you're looking to accomplish. 

Hope this helps,

Dan
Hi Dan,

What I'm looking for is a way to have a rolling NPS score for the most recent X responses. Every time we receive a new response, the oldest response would be omitted. (So no date aggregation involved.)
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Amy,

Two questions:

1. Would this calculation be across customers -- so fifty recent responses independent of which accounts they belong to, or just the last fifty within each account? Looks like it's the former you want.
  2. Do you want a simple average or a proper NPS calculation for this rolling cohort?