Creating anchors in posts

Related products: CC Topic Creation

Hi all,

in our Community at www.A1community.net quite often we get very long user posts - for example when a user posts instructions on how to install a certain software on your PC. See an example post here.

It'd be a blessing if it was possible to set anchors. With anchors, you could create an index at the start of the post, so that a user can easily navigate to the parts of the post that matter to him.

Looking forward to your optinions/feedback on that idea!

BR,

Wolfgang

Just adding +1 as our Slido Customer Care team would benefit immensely from the option to direct the customer on chat to a specific part of the knowledge base article, instead of asking them to look for a specific information in a longer post.

Just wanted to +1 this idea. I’d like to have a simple table of contents at the top of some knowledgebase topics (and also articles), linking to other parts of the post. Have you outright disabled the ability to add something like <a name=”anchorwordhere”></a>? Hopefully you can get this added in the near future :)

Hi 

Is this anchor function not yet available?:relaxed:

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

One of the first features I found was missing but didnt think to evaluate - need a table of contents (similar to Jive I guess). inSided’s limited ‘view’ horizontally (ie for being mobile optimized) means that posts naturally are longer than other forums that scale text horizontally. It would be great if customers could jump to specific parts of the article via a table of contents. 

What is the status of this, given that it already has 30 votes? It would help us a lot...

@Moller Toma There is no short term plan for this idea but thanks for raising it again. I'll keep you informed when we have the opportunity to implement it

One advantage that hasn’t been mentioned yet here: Having a table of content in a long article is a beneficial Google ranking factor. A table of content can even be displayed in the Google search results, therefore giving the article even more exposure and offering users to directly jump to a certain part/paragraph of the article.

Late to the party, but it gets my vote!

Hey all, thanks for your votes and input for this idea. We’ve been looking into in-topic links recently and here’s a research article with 3 potential concepts.

Would like to provide some feedback, and tell us what’s your preference? :grinning: 

Updated idea statusUnder ConstructionDelivered

We’re glad to announce that this idea has been delivered! You are now able to insert a table of contents in all content types. Read more about here: