Create new contacts in SFDC

Related products: CC API & Integrations

We would like to see the Salesforce Integration be able to create net new contacts in SFDC along with the Community Member object and associated activity as opposed to just looking for contacts that already exist in SFDC. As we look at what reporting we’ll want to pull in SFDC down the road, the lack of this is creating a lot of work for our teams to come up with a custom solution, which we must then support.

Thanks for sharing this idea @becky.scott!

Totally clear to me - if we were to introduce this option, probably something we’d make optional.

Updated idea status NewOpen

I love this idea @becky.scott. We have the same need. We’re currently automatically creating new users who register to the community as Leads in SFDC, then sending a task to the owner to convert to a Contact, but I think that soon we’re going to need to consider automatically creating Contacts instead. We then just have to figure out how to associate them to the correct account consistently, which we have often found is easier said than done.

Definitely looking for this solution as well! 

Hi Maayan,

As Adam said, finding the correct account is usually the tricky part and this is dependent on the organisation and particular setup of each organisation.

This is why we’re always recommending to set up a Zap to do this for you, it will allow you tremendous flexibility. For a basic example, please see this post: 

thanks bas! Yes we are working on a zap setup hopefully in the future can be part of the holistic offering :) 

Hi Maayan,

As Adam said, finding the correct account is usually the tricky part and this is dependent on the organisation and particular setup of each organisation.

This is why we’re always recommending to set up a Zap to do this for you, it will allow you tremendous flexibility. For a basic example, please see this post: