Guide

Quick Start Guide: Embeddable Widgets

• 18 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

In this guide, we’ve gathered all the content on inSpired that’ll help you get started with the embeddable widgets as fast as possible, including:

• How to set up the embeddable widgets on your website.
  • How to improve the content shown in the embeddable widgets.
  • Details of how the embeddable widgets behave.
  • A list of major updates that we’ve released for the embeddable widgets.

⚙️ Set up the embeddable widgets

Set up the conversational widget
Estimated time needed to set up widget: 5-15 minutes.

Set up the in-page widget
Estimated time needed to set up widget:10-25 minutes - quicker if you've already set up the conversational widget!

Improve the content shown in the embeddable widgets

Want to preview the widgets on your website right now without needing a developer?

📘 Learn more about how the embeddable widgets work

Want to learn in more detail about how the embeddable widgets behave?

Got a technical question about the embeddable widgets?

6 replies

@Lorna this might be helpful overview. Especially the list of all the recently released updates.
What page data is used to determine the relevant content?

I saw the widget do a xhr request that passed the url, title, meta-keywords and meta-description.

Can you elaborate on how these fields leads to the results?

I am trying to determine how to get the best relevant content in the widget. 😉
Userlevel 1
Currently only the page title is used as a search query to get automatic topic suggestions. On top of this, you can configure keywords to exclude from the search (stuff that appears in your page titles that will have a negative impact on results: e.g. 'Infoland, iprova').
@Anton Ishchenko This is also a great topic to use for getting started with the embeddables.
Is there analytics on embedded widgets?

I installed one widget on our official website and want to see its effectiveness.
Hi Alena,

Thanks for asking this! Currently all analytics regarding our widget are stored in a solution that is not directly accessible for our customers. However, I would be more than willing to share a quick dashboard with you regarding the performance of the widget.

We are working on making all embeddable widget data accessible in our control environment, but we're not ready to share and expected delivery date on this.

-Pascal