Degrading Health Score

Related products: None

We are crafting v2 of our Health Score and some of our score components have a few variables at play.  For example, the Support score is looking at # of cases, how long they've been open, and how many get re-opened, etc..  These things could compound to give a customer a bad experience.  

[i]Is it possible to write a score rule that would allow that scorecard component to start at 100 points and degrade based on things happening?

For example:

Start customer at 100 points

- 5 points for every case opened for more than 20 days

- 30 points for every escalated case

- 5 points for every case re-opened in the last 90 days

If a customer has a combination of things happening, their score would be low to reflect that.
I really like this idea. Right now, we try to determine the combination of 'risks' within support and set the score based on a predetermined combo. It gets very complicated with a lot of advance logic where the above would be a much more simplified approach. 
At first pass, this might be possible. How I'm thinking about this though, you would have to create a new MDA table and leverage bionic rules. 

In your MDA table, you would create 6-7 columns.

1. Account ID

2. Account Name (you probably don't need this, but this helps me when I verify things are working)

3. Initial Support Score (Default = 100) Type = Number

4. Cases open for more than 20 days (Default = 0) Type = Number

5. Escalated cases (Default = 0) Type = Number

6. Cases re-opened in the last 90 days (Default = 0) Type = Number

7. Final Score (This would be a formula field)

In your rule, you would calculate the number of cases for each of the above criteria and write that to the respective fields in MDA.

Then your formula field would take:

Initial Support Score - (Cases Open * 5) - (Escalated cases * 30) - (Reopened Cases * 5)

Once you have the table complete, you would need to create another rule to Set the score based off of the data in the formula field in the MDA table.

* Edited to add - I have not tried to do this exactly, but having worked with a few formula fields, this [i]should work.
Hi,

Thanks for this use case. Do you think you want this kind of option to also be available in addition to the weighted methodology or you want the scorecard logic to only be based on this approach(lead scoring methodology)?

Thanks

Abhishek S
I think it should still work with the weighted methodology.  So my support component may be worth 15% of the total, and that degrading logic will work within the support component of the score. 
Thanks- I think we're going to try this and see where we get.
Hi Nicole, Your point makes complete sense . I am changing this post into idea post.
Hi Nicole, were you able to implement this? Is it accomplishing the desired outcome?