Question

EBR tracking

• 24 October 2017
  • 3 replies

For EBR's how do you track the date of when the EBR is due and report on the executive dashboard when it is going to happen, the account, and who the CSM is?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Michelle,

This tutorial on automating EBRs may be helpful for you. I'm not sure if you're asking what date field do we use, but it's typically the original contract date or the renewal date, and then we can trigger CTAs for preparing for the EBR 90 days before the renewal date, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Michelle,

You could also build a simple report to show all CTAs of the filtered type that designates EBR tasks and leverage some of the standard fields such as Original Due Date (to show when it was originally due) and Due Date (to show the modified date of when the EBR is being planned). 

Badge
I wasn't aware of Lila's tutorial, so that is really nice, but I'd be happy to share our process. We do twice-annual EBRs with our Premium Support customers. Right now they occur 60 days after the purchase of Premium Support and then 180 days after that (re-occurring until churn or non-renewal of Premium). I track this using three fields: EBR Kickoff Date, EBR Completed Date, and EBR Next Date. These exist in SFDC on the Account.

The process goes as follows:

1. On the day Premium is purchased, the EBR Kickoff date is set to "Rule Date + 60). 
  2. When the EBR Kickoff Date equals the Rule Date, the EBR CTA is generated. On this day, I also populate the EBR Next Date to "Rule Date + 180".
  3. On the day the EBR CTA is closed, I populate the EBR Completed Date with "Rule Date". Additionally, the EBR Next Date is then mapped to be the EBR Kickoff date.
  4. Repeat 2-3.
There are probably better ways to do it, but this has worked for us. The Bionic rule process was slick so that I can reference SFDC fields as well as CTA fields to take action. The only downside is that the three fields I use get overwritten over the course of the process, but we can always report on a specific EBR via CTA reporting.