Solved

Zapier Zoom integration: How to add new registrants to the linked meeting?

• 23 August 2021
  • 5 replies

We’re trying to set up our Zapier x InSided x Zoom integration, to automatically add new event attendees to the registrant list for linked zoom events. This seems really straightforward, but we’re really struggling — many event fields that would be required for this to work are not present in Zapier, for example we’re unable to pull in the eventLink field, the event type (webinar or meeting), or the link text.

Can someone help us puzzle this out?

icon

Best answer by daniel.boon 6 September 2021, 10:22

View original

5 replies

Hi @daniel.boon, would you have any insight here?

Any updates here @Jeanie Lee ?

Badge

Hi @MackenzieK - by default the only required fields when creating a new webinar registrant in Zoom are the webinar itself, and the email and first name of the registrant.

Since Zoom doesn’t have a ‘find webinar’ action, you have to create a Zap for each webinar. If you have multiple webinars scheduled in the future for Zoom, I also recommend using the Filter by Zapier app to filter only event registrants for the specific upcoming webinar for which you’ve created a Zap.

Thanks for the reply @daniel.boon!

Just to confirm, it is not possible to integrate Zoom and InSided such that event registrants in the community are automatically added to the registrant list of the linked Zoom event, is that correct? If I want community event registrants to be added to the meeting-platform’s registrant list, I need to create a new zap for each event.

Let’s back this up and start from my desired outcome: My developer team sets up an integration once. From there, whenever community members RSVP to an event in the community, they are automatically added to the registrant list on the event hosting platform. Is this possible with InSided?

Badge

Hey @MackenzieK → the ‘set up an integration once’ part is not possible, due to limitations with Zoom’s Zapier app.

Other tools (e.g. Gotowebinar) have a step in Zapier that enable you to look up a webinar based on data from another system (e.g. the start date/time of the webinar, or the title). This means you can create one Zap and then let it run automatically.

With Zoom, as far as I can tell, there’s no way to do that, so unfortunately you can only automate each webinar zap-by-zap.