Solved

Zapier: integrating inSided and Livestorm for events

• 29 April 2021
  • 6 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Trying to create a Zapier integration between inSided and Livestorm (borrowing from the approach outlined here: 

When I go to setup the action in Zapier, the following fields are required:

• Event
  • Session
  • Email
  • First Name
  • Last Name

I can add the Event, Session, and Email in the inSided Zapier variables, but only see Username not any separate fields for First Name and Last Name.

Any idea how to get the First Name and Last Name?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 4 May 2021, 00:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing your question here!

I am not an expert in this, but I think Zapier might have an issue finding that information on the community.

It could be that these profile fields currently do not exist and you have to add them first so that the community can deliver that data. Do you currently have profile fields for First / Last Name on your community?

@Julian thanks for the reply.

I’ve tried adding profile fields for First Name and Last Name but that doesn’t resolve the issue. These are the only fields that I see in Zapier when building the action:

Maybe @daniel.boon  who wrote the original post I referenced would have some ideas?

Badge

Hey @Scott Baldwin thanks for your question! I just checked and in our latest Zapier app version we don’t send the profile fields along with this webhook. To remedy this, you can add an intermediary ‘Find a user on inSided’ step where you look up the user by user ID. This does return the profile fields. I’ve logged your feedback to Productboard (:wink:) since I think it’s a hassle to have this extra step in the Zap.

@daniel.boon thanks for the reply. Gave that a shot and couldn’t get it to work. Tried using the User ID as well as Userid choices when fetching the ID.

Here’s that step trying with User ID

Here’s the step trying with userid

In either case this fails on test of the Zap:

Any ideas?

Badge

@daniel.boon thanks for the reply. Gave that a shot and couldn’t get it to work. Tried using the User ID as well as Userid choices when fetching the ID.

Here’s that step trying with User ID

This should work → can you confirm that there is in fact a user with User ID 10? To check this, you can go to <your Control URL>/member/profile?userid=10

Thanks for the tips and help this morning @daniel.boon 🔥

Got it to work. Here’s what I did:

• Added User Profile fields for First Name and Last Name in Control
  • Added trigger for New Attendee in inSided
  • Added intermediary action for Find a User in inSided and setup the action to search by Email Address with the Email address variable from inSided
  • Added action to Create Registrant in Livestorm and populated Email, First, and Last Name variables

Works well enough that we can at least speed up registration for our customers for events.