Solved

Will Rebuild Ranks assign new custom roles?

• 22 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Question so easy it fits in the topic.

We’re assigning a new custom role to certain ranks and I wanted to know if clicking the “Rebuild” button on the Ranks page will assign this custom role to users that already are in those ranks, or if it will only go to users that are newly assigned the rank.

The requirements for these ranks won’t be changing with the rebuild, it’s just adding a custom role to the “What happens when you get this rank” part of the ranks.

icon

Best answer by Julian 25 November 2019, 17:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey Ryan!

So I was looking at your question earlier today and I tested it myself - it seems that the “rebuild”-function does not assign a custom role if you added this in an edit. 😞 I could not see a custom role added to the user profile after I rebuilt the rank.

I had a discussion with my colleagues about this and we will investigate what it takes to make this happen once you click this button, however it will take a few days to be sure.

Until then, I have a workaround which will achieve what you would like to do. One question though: Do you send any automated notifications (via private message) for achieving this rank?

If not, it will be relatively easy:

1. Drag the rank in question one spot lower in the list in the rank overview
  2. Click rebuild
  3. Drag it back in it’s original position
  4. Click rebuild again

Basically all users in this rank will then shortly own the rank that normally sits below in the list, and then move back to the rank you have added a custom role to once you rebuild the ranks the second time. With this, they will receive the custom role you have added.

So it’s relatively quick and easy to do. Please let me know if there are questions or problems with this!

That sounds like a workable way to go. We would be sending a PM with the rank, but could be adding the PM after the first rebuild. I remember reading in one of your past articles that the rebuild would send PMs, so we’ll just hold the PM so they don’t get spammed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I remember reading in one of your past articles that the rebuild would send PMs, so we’ll just hold the PM so they don’t get spammed.

Yeah, that’s why I was asking… 🙂 Sounds like a good plan, temporarily disabling the notification is a good idea.

As soon as we have an update on the initial question, I will update the topic!