Solved

Why don't I see tags?

• 18 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Community - I’m brand new to Insided so this is probably a super simple thing I’m overlooking - but I don’t see tags in our questions/discussions. We have side widgets for related topics and leaderboard. And I see “tag cloud” as an option - but do I have to use a widget to populate the tags for a specific post as seen here?

icon

Best answer by Julian 18 October 2019, 15:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey Kgastaldo,

Welcome to our community! 🙂 Thanks for sharing your question with us.

I can understand if you wonder how you can set this up to be displayed on your topic pages as well…  Basically all widgets which we display in the sidebar can be added or changed via a setting in the Control Environment.

Under “Customization” - “Side widgets” you will find a tool to manage these widgets for all general pages as well as for topic pages. Simply drag the “Tag cloud” widget to the “topic sidebar” list and put it where you think it will look best. Usually this tag cloud is the lowest in the list of the widgets:

Hope this answers your question? If so, please don’t forget to mark it as the solution. If not, please let me know your question or where you get stuck!

Badge +1

Ahh, so it would be tags from the whole community, not just from the individual post. I now see where tags show up on the post (some user error on my end :grimacing: ).

Not sure if I’ll use it then. Thanks for clarifying!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Yes, exactly, this is the main purpose of tag clouds across most pages that use such a feature: By clicking on it you can discover topics that have been tagged with a specific tag.

I like the idea of only showing the tags of a specific topic, however we already display them directly under the original post - so I am not sure about the added value.

If you would like to display the tags of a specific topic in the sidebar rather than under the opening post, you could probably do that using custom CSS code in our Third-party scripts tool - however this would require coding skills and is not supported officially by us.