Question

Sort by CSM Comments from Customers Tab

• 30 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +4
I've received word in the Support Realm that users are no longer able to sort by a Comments field following the most recent upgrade. The field is a Long Text Area data type that the user was able to sort by prior to the update even though it appears to be a known SFDC Limitation.

Use Case:

When figuring out who users have talked to recently (or had not talked to in a while) they were able to sort by this comments field. With this field no longer sortable, they are missing on a function that proved very helpful to their team. 

Any other ideas in terms of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

2 replies

We use the CSM Comments section to leave super high level notes after each interaction to track who we've spoken to recently whether it be email or phone call. We formatted the entry like this:

"08/30/16, Initials, notes about interaction"  and we could easily sort the column in the Customers tab to see all interactions by customer and date. With the recent update (last week) we can no longer sort by the CSM Comments column header which renders this awesome workflow dead.   How else do teams track their daily communication with people and easily see who they spoke to when? I have 80 clients in my book and that number will continue to grow in the coming months - so I need to be able to see all of this at a glance. Here's a screenshot for the curious readers of how we set up our customers tab: https://www.evernote.com/l/AYVohBRoCv5HKa8uKFB6wgttz516syPF9X8
Badge +1
We will address this in the upcoming 5.7 release.