Solved

Where can I find reporting on embeddable widget?

• 25 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I’m looking for any and all information on reporting around the embeddable widget. One article mentioned the self-service dashboard, but I don’t see anything related to the widget on that dashboard. 

My biggest question is whether those who interact with the embeddable widget are included in audience metrics like unique visitors and page views. Especially for those who view content from within the embeddable widget. 

icon

Best answer by Jeanie Lee 30 August 2021, 19:45

View original

4 replies

Hi @DannyPancratz, great question. As far as I know there is no active tracking and reporting on this within inSided. But perhaps you can measure this via Google Analytics. 
I like your approach to be able to measure that within inSided and I am really excited what inSided will tell us about that. 
Best, Thomas 

@DannyPancratz @thomasg 

Your CSM at inSided can provide you with how man times a user has loaded a topic within the embeddable widget during a time period of a day, 7 days, 30 days, 3 months, 6 months, and one year.

The Support team could provide an excel sheet providing data such as the following: 

• How many times a users voted yes.
  • How many times a user opened the widget.
  • How many times a customer opened a topic within the widget

Hi @Jeanie Lee , thank you for the info. Can we also analyse this: 

• How often is it clicked/opened?
  • What search terms are entered?
  • What threads are being clicked?

Furthermore, it would be great if I could look this up myself in the analytics dashboard within insided and not have to contact our CSM manager to do it. The data seems to be there, doesn't it? Are there any plans for this?

Best, Thomas 

@thomasg

We are not tracking search terms or the exact thread being clicked. Below is the exact data columns that would be provided for the embeddable widget export:

Date inapp.CommunityTopicVisited inapp.TopicDetailsViewed
inapp.TopicRatedHelpful inapp.TopicRatedNotHelpful inapp.WidgetClosed
inapp.WidgetLoaded inapp.WidgetOpened inapp.TopicListViewed

An analytics dashboard for the embeddable widget would be a great idea, so I would recommend creating an idea. Our team did anticipate that we would eventually build the dashboard soon after the embeddable widget release; however, there hasn’t been enough customer interest in the embeddable widget to justify resources to build the dashboard, as opposed to other features that customers have been interested in.