Solved

When will I be able to convert question or conversation to idea (new idea module)?

• 14 December 2020
  • 9 replies

It is frustrating for us and for customers when they have to re-create a topic when they have questions that are actually ideas or when they have accidentally shot an idea as a question. 

When will I be able to convert question or conversation to idea (new idea module)? 

icon

Best answer by Cristina 23 September 2021, 16:26

View original

9 replies

Badge

+1, completely agree this should be an option. Looks like this exists as an Idea, but likely for the older version of ideas: 

@Julian, thoughts on opening this topic back up since the solution (moving the topic into an Ideation category) is no longer an option with new Ideas?

It is a pity that we cannot convert this question into an idea :wink:

Badge

Oh the irony!

Badge

HAHA @Moller Toma  :fire: :fire: :fire:  :rofl:

Thanks for sharing this question, and also for making me chuckle 🙂.

To give a bit of context, the conversion of content types on our platform is quite a complex feat at the moment that requires a solid amount of investment.

As a result, we’re also considering an alternative here that also solves some other use cases: the ability to submit an idea on behalf of an end user as a moderator.

We’ve heard feedback before that sometimes customers submit feedback via support, directly to a CSM or onboarding manager, or even a salesperson, and it’s a bit of a pain/annoying to ask the customer to go to the community and submit that feedback themselves. We see this could also work when a customer asks a question that is actually an idea → i.e. introduce a button in Control that lets you create an idea from a question (without removing the original question).

Curious to hear what you think of this alternative idea @Moller Toma!

Although I would still like to have the convert option, the alternative to submit ideas on behalf of an end user would also be a great addition. It would give us the opportunity to provide some extra service when a customer has submitted his idea in the wrong place or even outside the Community.

Would this feature also be extended to the other content types, in addition to Ideation? Or would this cause the same type of challenges as when converting content types?

@daniel.boon I think @jvdbelt reaction sums it up well. 

Badge

Thanks for sharing your feedback @jvdbelt @Moller Toma !

Would this feature also be extended to the other content types, in addition to Ideation? Or would this cause the same type of challenges as when converting content types?

We could extend this feature to other content types (e.g. to create an article on behalf of a colleague) - do you have a particular use case in mind that would be beneficial? 

Thanks for sharing your feedback @jvdbelt @Moller Toma !

We could extend this feature to other content types (e.g. to create an article on behalf of a colleague) - do you have a particular use case in mind that would be beneficial? 

Next to ideation, this would also be very beneficial for questions. We also provide some other platforms where questions can be asked (ticket management system, but also e-mail of course). Often it makes more sense to ask this question to the Community, so they can help to answer the question or are kept informed in case they had the same question.

To be able to submit these kind of questions on behalf of an end user, so they don't have to do this again themselves, would be great!

Badge +1

Hi all! Just in case any of you missed the announcement, it is now possible to convert a question into an idea and the other way around. Read more about it here: