Solved

What counts as a best answer? (reporting vs content filters)

I noticed where reporting on topics without best answers (Best answer = no via the filter menu of the reporting feature in the control) that some “Conversation” where in the report results. (cf. screenshot)

However I thought that the “Best Answer” we exclusive to “Question”. 

My questions then :

• do we agree that the best answer tag is normally exclusive to the “Questions” but that it is extended to all content (including Conversation) for reporting purposes only?
  • can you confirm that the “% Questions answered” metric (in the Success reporting section in the Control) is exclusive to the Questions (ie : excluding conversations)

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by daniel.boon 3 June 2021, 16:58

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hi @victorlacombe

The best answer field is indeed exclusive to questions, and the % Questions answered metric is also exclusive to questions.

On the moderation overview however, ‘best answer = no’ literally extends to any content type that doesn't have a best answer, as well as questions that don’t have a best answer.

If you’d like to see a list of questions without a best answer, you also have to apply a filter ‘content type = question’ in addition to ‘best answer = no’.

Hope that clarifies things!

Indeed makes sens thanks for the answer!