Question

Welcome to the community phrase

• 9 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi all, new to the community so please take it easy with me :P

Im trying to find where to change the phrase on top the search bar “Welcome to the ____ Community. Anyone knows where to do this?

Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Gabolino,

welcome to inSpired! Don’t worry, we don’t bite and we are happy to help with every question that you might have. :)

This one is actually quite easy to change. While it could also be changed as a phrase (as far as I know), it is easier to simply change it via the “customization mode” directly on the homepage.

If you are logged in to your community, you should see the “customize” button in the bottom right corner:

Once you click on it, the page will change to the customization mode, which let’s you change everything on the homepage. Click on the pen icon in the hero banner, then the menu will appear on the right side. Here you can define the text that should be displayed:

Don’t forget to publish the changes before you leave the customization mode, otherwise the changes will not be visible...

Badge

Nice one, very easy indeed.

Hi all, new to the community so please take it easy with me :P

Im trying to find where to change the phrase on top the search bar “Welcome to the ____ Community. Anyone knows where to do this?

Thanks!

Hello @Gabolino :relaxed:  Good to see you here! What do you think so far?

Badge

Hey @m4rc , good to see you my good old friend. 

Im impressed by how easy it’s to customise via the front end - that’s a big plus for folks without internal dev resources. Functionality wise it covers a lot of ground, but there are some clear areas for improvement (as always) - specially on the community content and category element of the platform, which for me it’s the most important. I’ve only started though :D

Hey @m4rc , good to see you my good old friend. 

I’ve only started though :D

Oh boy….. look out Insided! :laughing::wink:

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

thanks for the heads up, @m4rc! :joy: I’ll go hide then…

Badge

thanks for the heads up, @m4rc! :joy: I’ll go hide then…

Don’t worry, Julian. I’ll be a good boy :clown: