Question

Views on Articles & Product Updates

• 16 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Hey community! Does anyone know if it’s possible to see views for articles and product updates? Views isn’t an option when I try to add it from the Column or Filter. I made a change to a weekly article and would like to see the impact, if the new posts are getting more views than the previous ones were.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @erin.brisson 

Instead of looking at content moderation, you can look in the Analytics > Content Section.

Here you can filter on Content Type (Article & Product Update).

All metrics will then be based on those two types.

If you scroll down the page you can get a table including views.

Hope that helps,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair. It would be awesome if this information could be in an export (saves some manual entry) but at least it shows the number of views for articles and product updates.

Just curious, is there a reason Views isn’t an option under Columns within the Content section?

Hi - this is really helpful thanks.

Can I ask - does that view count include non-logged in users?  The majority of people who access our Knowledge base aren’t logged in.  

I ran the Topic export option for the same timeframe and the views in there were different to the Analytics table 😵 is it looking at different metrics?  

Thanks

Plus 1 for Erin’s query about views being exported to CSV! That would be great :) 

Badge

Hey @Alistair FIeld question for you along the lines of views:

When I look at our article views from the content analytics, the view count for 1 of my articles is 1445, but when I look at the control view of the article itself, the view count says 1769. Any idea why there would be a discrepancy?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

^Different timeframe?

Badge

^Different timeframe?

Oh man… its definitely getting close to Friday. You are right!! Thank you 😄

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Can I ask - does that view count include non-logged in users?  The majority of people who access our Knowledge base aren’t logged in.  

Yes, it is total views. No matter is the user logged in or not.