Solved

Upvoting ideas in the Recently Active feed fails to apply the upvote - bug

• 2 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’ve noticed over the last few days that whenever I upvote ideas via the Recently Active feed, my vote seems to get completely wiped out and fails to save properly (the same goes for removing upvotes). It works fine when I upvote directly from the post, but not from searches. It’s a fairly simple one this time, so I’ll skip my template for this one.

The way to trigger this bug is to find an Idea in the Recently Active feed and attempt to upvote it directly, then check the post itself to see whether it applied or not. Flushing caches doesn’t seem to have any effect either.

icon

Best answer by Marion Frecaut 7 May 2021, 09:33

View original

4 replies

Hello @Blastoise186 indeed you are correct. Thanks a lot for finding and sharing that nasty bug. I just created a ticket for the team to solve this. I will keep you posted once fixed :)

Badge

Thanks!

I know the “question” isn’t technically solved yet, but I’m going to mark it as such for now, so that it can be cleaned off the board and to make sure I don’t get too many reminders from the system.

I’m not going to claim the points for myself though, so I’m going to make sure that I redirect them elsewhere...

Hello @Blastoise186 I'm happy to inform you that the issue is now fixed. Thanks again for spotting it :)

Badge

Yay! Just in time too!

Because you’ll be stunned to realise that I’ve been away purely because I’ve been working on some rather… Ingenious bugs...