Solved

Unable to post event topic due to message about character limit - why?

• 10 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

The maximum length of the message is 250 characters. Please reduce the length of your message.

This appears at the top of the page in Control when trying to publish our latest event content. There’s no indication as to which area this refers to, but the only section which has ‘Message’ in it (Confirmation message) is under 250 characters. 

Surely I’m not limited to 250 characters for the event description?!

icon

Best answer by Jeanie Lee 10 September 2021, 17:43

View original

4 replies

Hi @timcavey,

This sometimes happens when you copy and paste the content from a Word document. If this was not the case, I’ll escalated this post to our support team, as there could possibly be a bug or another explanation. Please @tag me in your response. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yep guilty - thanks @Jeanie Lee

This is now published. 

:) 

@Jeanie Lee just wondering, what is the way to get around this? One of my contributors reported a similar message about a 50 000 character limit when trying to post a longer text from a word doc. Could he put it in a .txt file and then try again?

Userlevel 1
Badge

It sounds like a similar issue due to the copy and paste from that doc. 

If you’re under the character limit, try some workarounds like moving the text from the doc into a forum comment first then moving it across into the event description. 

Also when I have format issues after C&P’ing from a doc, things like deleting and readding the paragraph spaces fix that issue. 

It does sound buggy doesn’t it!