Solved

Thumbnail isn't displaying on category cards

• 16 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m setting up a new InSided community and having a wee bit of trouble with category thumbnail icons.

Specifically, they’re missing:

All four of those topics have a thumbnail set up, and I’ve dug into every setting I can find to see if something would be making them vanish.  There’s no custom css that interacts with them, either.

I’ve re-uploaded them, made sure to hammer “Save” on both the category page and the “Community” configuration page, cleared my cache, the works.  Have I just misunderstood how icons are used, or is something wrong here?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 16 March 2021, 01:11

View original

3 replies

Badge

Evening @DylanLacey !

Just so you know, I live in the UK myself, so it’s currently midnight for me. Sorry for the time zones!

I think I know what’s happened here. Could you fill out your profile for us? If you include a link to your community in there, it helps us a lot. I’m only a user myself, but I’m also a puzzle solver.

What happens here, is that the icons only show up from the main Category list, not when you’re in a Parent Category. For example, here’s how they show up on inSpired.

This is from the homepage https://community.insided.com but you’re probably looking at a category. The icons should be there though!

I’ll be happy to check that for you once you’ve filled your profile in. If you get stuck again though or get badly stumped, feel free to stop by.

Thanks @Blastoise186!  Good to know.  I was a bit confused because when styling the site in customise mode, you can choose to have category cards displayed as either large or small panels… And the examples both show a square which I assumed was the icon:

I’m guessing that’s an older image?  Shrug.

Also, thanks for the prompt on my profile!  I’ll see to that now ;)

Hey @DylanLacey, currently it is not possible yet to display the thumbnail image on category cards on the parent category page. In the screenshot you posted, the card templates selection above would only impact the specific category widget you edit on the homepage. 

There’s an idea about customizing the category cards. Would you like to vote and provide your thoughts there? :)