Solved

System Emails > HTML variable > post_content: Can we choose how many rows of content will be visible in the preview?

• 8 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Dear Community,

Is it possible to choose how many lines of text will be visible in the preview of an email notification?

If possible, we would like to reduce it to 1-2 lines of preview instead of the full text preview so our users are more likely to click on the following button, view the whole tread, and engage in the community.

We have the problem that many of our users don’t respond to comments or mentions as they can already see the content in the email. We assume it’s more likely for them to add a like, or engage, if they open the content.

Completely removing the preview is something we might not want to do if our members are used to having this feature. They surely will notice the change and this might make them unhappy.

CC my teammates @Andrea Mendoza Picazo @Selina @MarcPersonio @Lena H. 

icon

Best answer by olimarrio 15 August 2022, 14:15

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Daniele ?,

Unfortunately this isn’t possible at the moment. I’ve tried to experiment with some CSS that we can apply to these variables, in order to limit the number of characters in this system email, but it seems it doesn’t want to cooperate.

I’ll feed this back to our Product team internally but there is this open idea that I encourage you to vote on as well: