Solved

Search within a subforum / category

• 31 January 2019
  • 11 replies

Hi,

Am I right when I say there's no possibility te search within a subforum?

As the search bar always searches through the whole community?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Yoeri 31 January 2019, 15:38

View original

11 replies

Badge
I think it's one of the tradeoffs for live search (seeing results while you type), but Yoeri has said they want to introduce filtering results in the long run.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hey,

You are both correct. At the moment there is no possibility to search within a subforum. We have plans to introduce filtering in subforums in the future like: filter by subforum, tag, topic type, resolution status, time range
Badge
@Yoeri this would be a huge improvement. This level of filtering is something our members are crying out for.
@youri ,

We've conducted a survey, and not being able to filter by subforum and tags is something that our customers really miss ... We have reveived a complain from a customer today again..

Can you be a bit more specific about when you are planning to introduce this? 🙂
@Hiewwaiy you probably mean @Yoeri

I am Youri (different spelling) 😉
@youri , Sorry! 😊🤦🏽
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Great to see more youri's here 😃

We don't have specifics on when we're introducing this and what the release date will be as we're an agile company. We have more specifics when we will start developing this functionality. At the moment we have some internal discussions going on and a designer looking into this opportunity.

Did you customers mention any other filter options that they'd like to see? 🙂
Hi @Yoeri ,

Our customers would really like to be able to search within subforums and tags ... 🙂

Please keep us updated, as this is a big issue for us right now...
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Thanks. We'll keep you posted when we have news to share 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Is there an Idea post for this request? I’d love to vote for it. :grinning:

Badge

Hi Lila,

I don't believe we have an open idea for this request, but we did open a research topic about it a few months ago: https://community.insided.com/platform-research-60/inside-design-search-in-category-1601