Solved

Request to support Sub-categories in Insided

• 4 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Is there any plan to support sub-categories on Insided ? if yes , any estimated release date ?

Thanks !

Kaouther
icon

Best answer by Yoeri 5 February 2019, 11:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hey! Welcome to our help center.

We do have plans to support subcategories on inSided, as a matter of fact - we're currently investigating this with our development teams. Let me give some more context on what exactly we want to do:

Your question (Request to support Sub-categories in Insided) has been posted to the "Got a question" category. This category (Got a question) belongs to the parent category "Platform". At this stage "Platform" is a label that holds multiple categories. We want to make this parent category an active destination page which users can visit, this way we support an additional (sub) category in our platform. The new structure could look like this:

Home

-Parent Category (e.g. "Platform)

--Category (e.g. "Got a question")

I hope this answers your question 🙂
Hey @Kaouther, great to see you posting questions over here! Hope @Yoeri 's answer helps you 🤓
Perfect , please let me know when the version supporting sub-categories will be released
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
We just announced the introduction of Parent Categories @Kaouther

You can read more in this announcement: https://community.insided.com/news-platform-updates-16/coming-soon-parent-categories-1342

Release will be early March.