Solved

Removing admin from leaderboard

• 29 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi! How do we remove admins from the leaderboard? We want leaderboard to be solely user focused and admins can sometimes rise to the top given they moderate the community.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 30 June 2021, 01:04

View original

5 replies

Badge

Howdy @Bli !

The good news is that there’s a built-in setting for this and you don’t need to fiddle about too much to make the changes. Simply exclude the roles you don’t want to show up from the Leaderboard widget and anyone with those roles will vanish from the boards. They’ll still earn points of course, it’s just that no-one will see them earn said points. You can make these changes on the Leaderboard page in Control, it should only take a minute or two.

If you later decide to have Admins show up again, simply reverse the changes. :)

Blastoise got it right! I would just suggest the clicks needed to get there: Control > Gamification > Point System > Leaderboard Page Setting > Select the roles you want to exclude. 

Badge

That reminds me actually. There’s one other tip which is pretty important to be aware of.

While it generally only takes a couple of clicks and roughly 90 seconds to change the settings, they won’t always fully show up immediately due to caching. If you get confirmation in Control that the changes have been saved, they’ll definitely go through eventually though!

When I’m logged in, I generally find that the leader board catches up with me in around five to ten minutes after I trigger events that gain or lose points. This should give you a rough idea of how long the platform takes to refresh the caches, but you can also forcefully purge the cache immediately if you wish.

thank you for the help @Blastoise186 @Jeanie Lee 

I’m curious though as how to remove them specifically from the widget on the homepage? Am I looking in the wrong place because on the control section I see the following message:

“Please note that this setting only applies to leaderboard page, leaderboard widget is not affected. A maximum of 1000 users will be shown on the leaderboard page.”

Hi @lovetolearn123 I can help you here. :)

You can exclude certain user roles from a leaderboard widget in homepage > enable customisation mode > edit leaderboard widget > users section. 

‘Users’ section in edit panel of leaderboard widget. 

Here’s an article about this, you can check section ‘Add a leaderboard widget to the homepage’.