Solved

Remove quick links in community drop down

Hi everyone - I’m new to the inSided and getting our community set up for the first time. Running into a couple platform questions, any chance anyone has thoughts?

1.How do we remove or customize the three drop down fields under the Community tab?
-Recently active topics

-Active since last visit

-Unanswered questions

2.How do we delete categories under Parent Categories? Each time I try to delete, it tells me I need to remove topics within the category, but there are no topics in the category.

3.How do we create articles? Each time I go into add content and create an article, it says saved, but then no article appears anywhere in Control or on the platform and Control says no articles.

Thank you very much in advance,

Beixi 

icon

Best answer by matt enbar 14 February 2022, 16:39

View original

11 replies

Hi @Bli,

1. I’ve asked Product if/how this is possible and waiting on a reply. I’ll post an answer as soon as I hear back. 
  2. I know there is an open bug regarding deleting demo content such as the “Blog” Category and demo users (Theodore, Jenny, and Liza) Maybe @olimarrio can provide an update on the progress? 
  3. I’ve noticed that some articles were posted yesterday on the Wonder community. Has the issue since been solved? If not, maybe a loom video on how the article is being created would be helpful. 

@Bli 

1. You can use Custom CSS to remove these three links in the community drop down:
.main-menu-list.main-menu-list--quiclinks {
display: none;
}

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Bli,

Yes, it seems when we deleted the demo users it has meant that articles/drafts that were owned by them have meant you are not able to delete these child categories. We’re investigating the cause of this as we speak :slight_smile:

In regards to 3, let me know if you are still experiencing problems with this and I will raise a separate ticket to get this looked at as soon as possible.

Thanks @olimarrio 

• Where do we post the Custom CSS to delete the child categories?
  • We’re still experiencing this bug for articles. If I go into Content > articles, it still shows no articles?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Bli,

To add the custom css you would click Theme → Custom CSS and then add the code. I’ve added this for you so you shouldn’t see these links under the community tab now!

Please could I ask you to raise a separate ticket to support for the issues you are having when creating articles? I can then see if I can replicate and we can get to the bottom of what is going wrong :thumbsup:

@olimarrio - thank you very much for the help here. 

There is still one child category there that seems to resist being deleted. Could you please help us delete the child category “blog” under “News and Updates” under the Community tab? Thank you again for your help.

I’ll start a separate ticket on articles.

Hello @Jeanie Lee! I wonder if you could share how we could remove specific links from the drop down and not all 3. We have:

1. Forum Overview
  2. Recently active topics
  3. Active since last visit
  4. Unanswered questions

and looking to remove (1) & (3).

@Beachball3000,

You may be able to use something like:

.dropdown--forums-overview .main-menu-list--quiclinks .main-menu-list__item:nth-child(2) {	display: none;}  

However, if we make changes to the menu in the future, the code may need to be adjusted in the future. 

@Bli

1. You can use Custom CSS to remove these three links in the community drop down:
.main-menu-list.main-menu-list--quiclinks {
}

Hi @Jeanie Lee Did the code change? I am using the exact code as you suggested and it used to work but suddenly the Quick Links are back. If they changed, could you give us the new code? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@jeroens I think it did. Our solution for the same thing broke last week after they released the new community overview page. I created a support ticket and they fixed it for me pretty quickly. 

If your previous solution no longer works please use the following code to accomplish this

ul.main-menu-list.main-menu-list--quicklinks{
}