Solved

Remove 'posted date' from Knowledge base articles

• 29 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi All, 

I was wondering if it was possible to remove (hide) the date an article was posted from visitors to our Community.

We’d only like to do this for the content in our Knowledge base where we’ve got articles that were posted just over 4 years ago, and whilst the content has been updated over the years the article still appears as being posted in 2018. 

The feedback we’ve received is that some visitors may feel that the content is outdated due to when it was posted. 

If this is not possible, do you have any suggestions of how to best approach this, without having to re-post the articles and losing the GA data and helpfulness rating?  

Thanks,
Nikhil

icon

Best answer by leo-inspired 30 September 2022, 15:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @PatelN54 ,

You make an excellent point. I believe we should add a small functionality that shows when an article is updated. I'm going to pass this feedback to our product team and also check if it’s possible to hide that element with CSS.

In the meantime, you can add a small line at the top of the article mentioning the day the article was updated, either with a bold/italic line or a callout. As an example:

Hey @leo-inspired

Thanks for getting back to me 😊.

Good shout, I think we’ll get that added to the articles in the meantime.

Thanks,

Nikhil