Question

Registration timestamp (and others?)

I’ve just noticed that a new user registration has a timestamp of 23-May-22 09:36. However, I noticed that earlier this morning - before that time had passed.

I assume that this timestamp is pegged to a different timezone than my home timezone (currently BST) - is that correct? Other timestamps on the community overview appear to correctly show in BST. Which timezone is this running from, and is there any configuration I can change to update it to my local time? Would this affect any data exports or other timestamps I may rely on for reporting?

6 replies

Badge

Hey there @wtempleton !

The name’s 186, Blastoise186. I’m one of the regulars around here, but I’m not an inSided staffer myself.

I’ve had a look around and managed to dig up another question that sounds similar to yours. Is this one right?

My understanding is that everything on the front-end can be set to your local time zone, but the dashboards and exports are based on UTC. This mostly keeps in sync with the UK during the winter, but is an hour behind during the summer due to BST. I’m not currently aware of any config changes you can make yourself. However, @Alistair FIeld might have an update on this one. I’ll ask him to stop by.

Thanks @Blastoise186 ! I considered that this might be the case - but BST is UTC+1, and so if it was this, I’d expect the timestamp to be an hour out the other way (and I’d probably not have noticed!)

EDIT: Just to be crystal clear, the timezone for this registration I’m talking about is at least UTC+2, and potentially further. I’m in UTC+1 and when I viewed the timestamp it looked like they’d registered in the future.

Is it possible it’s displaying the user’s local registration time?

Badge

That’s also a possibility but I can’t say for sure. I’m unique in that while I have full access to inSpired, I’m not actually a customer myself and I’m just a Super User on my home forum! However, I have friends who can probably help me out here.

Let me call in a favour from @timcavey . :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry @wtempleton I can’t help with this, as I don’t have the same visibility of registration timing as you. 

On my User Overview page, I can only see the date a user registers rather than the time… am I missing something here?

@timcavey This is displaying for me on the individual user page in control - https://yourdomain.insided.com/member/profile?userid=xx

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ahh yes, thanks @wtempleton 

Mine is also an hour ahead: 15:48 was the time of our latest new member sign up. At the time of writing, it’s 15:35...