Solved

Question about posting Q/A in community without appearing in most recent

• 14 July 2021
  • 1 reply

I have an odd question i could not find an answer for in the InSided Community.

I want to post 10 questions and have another employee answer in our Community. Is there a way to do this and prevent them from appearing in the home page under "most recent"? 

I am trying to add more content (Questions) that members could find useful, but at the same time I don't want to monopolize the most recent list since I am having internal employees generating more interesting content now.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 14 July 2021, 18:02

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hey there @AnnaF_RW !

Unfortunately, the only way to prevent this would be to keep the categories the content is in hidden for a while and then make them public after a few days or so have passed. There’s no way of hiding things from Recently Active while still making them visible everywhere else.

With that being said though, I would probably suggest that you shouldn’t panic about dominating that feed. After all, it’s exactly what I do pretty much every single day. It’s not very often that you’ll see both the inSpired Community and my home base not dominated by my avatar as I often rapid-fire things all over the place. So quickly in fact, that I almost got banned once because I confused a few moderators into thinking I was a spammer! :rofl:

Over time, the feed will refresh anyway as other users become active, so your rapid-fire activity will likely get washed away by everything else that’s going on.

My only other advice would be to ensure you remain transparent of course. Make sure your users are aware that you’re an employee adding these questions as known FAQs so that it doesn’t give the wrong impression.

I hope this helps, but we’ll be here if you need us. :)