Promoting groups of topics on subforum

• 5 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

In addition to my question on promoting topics in ongoing e-campaigns, I'm trying to find a way to incorporate the same groups of topics on a subforum.

In our perception this can be done in two ways: either by using the same tags and showing them in the sidebar or by making use of quicklinks.

The tags in sidebar option would mean we can show more subjects within the same subforum. However, is it possible to program exactly what tags we want to show in the sidebar of a specific page?

Or do you have a golden idea on how to achieve the above goal? Let me know!

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey! :)

If you say "incorporate same groups of topics on a subforum", do you want to highlight topics that are already located (or planned to be published) on that subforum, or are these located in a different category?

About tags:

If you would use our standard widget for this, then you would need to add a lot of tags to list them there (as it shows the most frequently used tags there).

We also have a HTML-widget, where you can add your own HTML code. Don't worry, if you are not familiar with HTML you can also use a free HTML editor like this one to create your text. You could e.g. highlight the topics there so that they are displayed in a prominent way...

Also here, just like in your other thread, I want to hint that there might be a cool way to list that content in a seperate, dedicated category soon. 🙂 However I am not sure how this would fit your use case exactly, so please don't be mean at me if it is not the golden idea you are looking for. 😉
Hey Julian,

Thanks for your reply!

If I understand correctly, you can program the standard widget to show the most popular tags within that specific subforum?

Looking forward to the announcement. Keep me posted 😄

We also have a HTML-widget, where you can add your own HTML code. Don't worry, if you are not familiar with HTML you can also use a free HTML editor like this one to create your text. You could e.g. highlight the topics there so that they are displayed in a prominent way...

It might be because it's friday, but the free HTML editor is also quite intense.

Anyone with an example, I can check out?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Yes, the widget is working specific to the category/subforum it is being displayed. :)

I understand that HTML can be a bit confusing if you are not used to it! You can actually find a number of examples (and some learning ressources on HTML) in this topic: https://community.insided.com/how-to-s-37/how-to-create-a-custom-sidebar-widget-with-html-css-1208

Maybe I can also help you a bit with the code if you can provide specific requirements - I am not an expert but I know people who are. ;)

I hope this will help, have a nice weekend!
Thanks, Julian!