Question

Power BI integration guides?

• 6 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Do you have any A-Z guides showing step by step how to connect Power BI to my community for reporting/dashboards?

I see a lot of posts mentioning we can use the APIs, but I’m looking for a guide on exactly how to set that up.

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Unfortunately we do not have a guide ourselves on how to connect the community to your Power BI. We have our general api documentation, here the link just in case you have not seen it yet:

While I know some communities who work with Power BI, the Community Managers we have contact with probably will not have the knowledge to help you further here.

We are trying however to find you some contacts amongst our customers who can help you, my colleagues will reach out and then get back to you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

What my colleagues have identified so far is that, to get this to work for you, the regular api will not help you right-away as Power BI does not seem to support oauth 2.0 for access to the api.

What you would need is a middle layer that sits between our API and their power BI instance - one that calls our API, collects data, saves it to a database and then makes it available internally to their power BI instance on a single url.

As this basically means you need to build a custom connector to communicate, there is no one-fits-all solution or guide we can offer at the moment…

So hopefully we can find you a contact or some example documentation that you can use.