Posts that fit in multiple sub forums

• 31 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Is there a way to have Topics sit in multiple sub forums without duplicating the content? I.e. One post sitting within both getting started and moderation tips and tricks, if some of the content overlapped.

We have content/questions that could feature within our more general categories that cover the life of the product, as well as featuring in device specific categories. In instances where customers aren't using search, customers can miss content specific to them and end up repeating the question.

Thanks!

3 replies

I'd like this too!
Badge
We would like to have this too, therefore we created an idea for that: https://community.insided.com/ideas/495
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey!

I know exactly what you mean, as you pointed out correct we have some content on inSpired as well which I would like to be accessable via different subforums.

We actually had done some investigations around this, however currently we do not have concrete plans for an improvement in this field. Being able to cross-feature topics like Bjoern suggested surely would work for some highlighted content, but it would not work on those regular discussions or questions.

I will raise this once more with the product team to see what we can do about this. Currently the only way I would see is to highlight content on the homepage via Quicklinks (or our new recommended articles feature) or via featuring topics in the banner or the side bar, which is not scalable.

Cheers,

Julian