Solved

Post field error

• 16 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, I've noticed over the last few days I use post fields anymore. It gives me the following message:

"Service is temporarily unavailable

We can't process your request at the moment. Please try back later. We apologize for the inconvenience."

As we use post fields to capture data for KPIs, its super annoying. Is this just a temporary issue? Are others having it or is it just me?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Julian 18 July 2019, 14:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey Danjl,

thanks for asking your question here!

This has to do with permissions: we've been making a lot of changes to the moderator role lately (link to the announcement) and we've now limited the Moderator role to only perform moderation actions on the community.

We have found that while doing this, we have not given Community Managers the right to add post fields - this is what is causing your problem (because you actually have the "Community Manager" primary role).

We're going to:

• fix it and make sure that users with the Community Manager role can add Post Fields again
  • hide this button for all users without such a permission so there's no confusion possible
For you in order to achieve a quick fix, you could "demote" your own account to Moderator. The downside would be that you lose access to certain areas in the Control Environment (see the announcement above for reference).

I have no indication as to when this will be fixed exactly, however I will update you once here so that it is clear once it works again also for Community Managers.

Let me know if there are any issues or questions!
Thanks @Julian a change of admin rights has fixed it for now.