Solved

Post editor bug?

• 25 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

I'm back with a new issue :)

We have a problem with placing URLs while posting.

I wanted to assign an URL to a specific text in the post (like in Word - highlight the text and add a hyperlink).

I copied an URL, I highlighted a text, I clicked "Insert link" button... and nothing happens :(

As I see editing this exact post, the feature works fine - I can highlight a text, click the "Insert link" button and a popup appears to specify the link.

Can it be a restriction/bug of a staging environment? How can I fix it?
icon

Best answer by Julian 26 October 2018, 15:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey Rodion!

That's really weird!? So this pop-up does not even open at all when you click it?

Unless you are clicking on the wrong button (which I doubt), I could not explain this behaviour.

There is no restriction on doing something like this, and also on staging it should simply work.

I will try it out on your staging environment, maybe I can reproduce it.

Cheers,

Julian
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Ok, I figured it out. :)

You are running a third-party script on your staging environment, which seems to block this pop-up from being displayed.

You do not use this on production, and there it works like a charm. :)

So I am afraid you will have to improve the script so that this does not happen again.

Hope that will help! Have a great weekend!
@Julian nice you found the reason!

Could you share which script do you mean via private messaging?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Sure, will do that! 🙂
@Julian one related question.

We fixed a script. But is it possible to adjust an URL to be opened at the same page?

A case:

I have FAQ posted by several posts within the same discussion. And the first post is a contents of the FAQ. I want to make any heading clickable to go to the corresponding post below. Now all links are opened at a new page but it is not convenient in the described case.

Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey! Good to hear you were able to fix the script. :)

We do not have such a feature at the moment, unfortunately. We are currently investigating this, our wish would be to add something like this in the early new year - but I cannot promise exact things at this stage.

This idea is an example of it, however we are thinking of making it more flexible. Ideally, you should also be able not just to link to a certain post, but actually also to a specific part within a longer article (like in an FAQ for example to read the required steps for troubleshooting on an Apple device).

For now, you can use the link of an individual post - but you probably have seen already that it opens in a seperate window, which we understand is not the ideal experience for this use case.

I will make sure to discuss it with the team when we are designing this new feature!

Cheers,

Julian
Well. Thanks for let me know!