Possible to exclude certain roles from earning badges?

• 14 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,

We would only like to grant badges to our customers.

Is it possible to exclude certain roles from earning badges?

Thanks in advance ...

4 replies

Hi Hiewwaiy,

Good question. As far as I know this isn't possible as of yet. A user does have the possibilitie though to not show any badges she/he has received via his community settings page (See below).

Greetings,

Thomas

Thanks Thomas for your response.

That sounds like a good workaround for now;

The badges are not visible anymore in your profile, however are still shown at the right side of the homepage.
Thanks Thomas for your response.

That sounds like a good workaround for now;

The badges are not visible anymore in your profile, however are still shown at the right side of the homepage.

You're welcome!

I believe turning off the displaying of badges will also exclude you from the 'widget' with the badges in it on the right side. Perhaps @Julian can shine a light on this? 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey! :)

Unfortunately the widget would still display it in the activity stream on the side... Currently there is no way around this.

It would be cool to exclude custom roles (or community staff) from Badges, I agree. However looking at other requests we often get for Badges (especially more/new rules and giving Badges to individual users manually), I have the feeling that other improvements around Badges are more important to folks here right now.

Of course you are invited to share this as an idea on our ideation subforum. The product team can then estimate how much work it would be, how many of you would like to have it compared to other requests, and ultimately if we are willing to work on this or not.

Cheers,

Julian