Question

Password invalid here on Insided Community

• 25 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Everytime I log out and try to log back in I get the message my password is invalid, even though I'm very certain I am using the correct password. I use a password manager called Sticky Password Manager to autofill in login fields so I'm certain the passwords are not misstyped.

Does anyone else have this? I'm left with resetting my password every single time I get automatically logged out. 

Kind regards, Mark

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Mark,

Thanks for letting us know about your challenge with our login!

I first was a bit puzzled by this, as we are not aware of any general issues with our login, and I could also not reproduce it with a test account. But I think I just found the cause of this, hopefully.

You mention a password manager, a tool that I also use for logging in on many websites. However, as I also had login issues on various inSided communtiies with this tool, I have stopped using it and manually type in my login.

I think the reason that you are experiencing this has to do with the way the password manager works: The tool will save and use passwords based on domain. As your Control Environment and our community both run under the global insided.com domain, it is highly likely that the tool is confusing the logins and is actually using a different login than you’d expect.

Could you test if my theory is correct? I am not sure if password management tools can be set up in a way to avoid this from happening, there might be a way.

I tested, even with Microsoft Edge I get the same result sadly. I will try some different ways but I hope this gif gives some more insight.